Fears & Phobias - Automatic doors anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I bought an apartment, the previous owner had left behind loads of hangers in the wardrobe. I threw them all out - I couldn't bring myself to use them.

Can't explain it - just some weird visceral resistance to putting my clothes on them :confused: .

samanthajane it most def is ocd by what you write. I suffer from it and have to keep it under control. Like you did'nt know for ages years back what it was until I heard it discussed on radio. Its very common and strange and different people have different routines they have to go through each day.

a nutter of a husband with same quirks as you LOL.... you did say briefly.... :D

i must watch that, might go and get it for tonight.

When I bought an apartment, the previous owner had left behind loads of hangers in the wardrobe. I threw them all out - I couldn't bring myself to use them.

Can't explain it - just some weird visceral resistance to putting my clothes on them :confused: .

I'd never use someone else's hangers either. when the kids grow out of something, if i give it to a friend then the hanger goes with it, if not and it goes in a charity bag as much as i'd love to give them the hanger lol i dont, the hanger gets thrown away, i'd never use it for anything else, dont need to cause i have new hangers.

samanthajane it most def is ocd by what you write. I suffer from it and have to keep it under control. Like you did'nt know for ages years back what it was until I heard it discussed on radio. Its very common and strange and different people have different routines they have to go through each day.

It must be subconiously ( cant spell it ) that i have it for the counting, since i dont set out to do it. Can it be stopped? That might be braching the rules asking that......if it is dont answer. Let me know and i'll edit the post.

It can but you must do it yourself. Say to yourself I'm not going to do this today and see can you go without doing it then you'll have an idea. People that suffer bad from this are advised to go and talk to a counseller.

I'm a little afraid of escalators. It's not too bad, I CAN force myself to go on them after standing at the bottom for a while ( if anyone stands too close behind me they get a glare and a 'don't rush me'). But I normally try to avoid them.

I also can't bear the smell of real soap, it makes me retch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back