Family restaurant near the Olympia

lucylou

Taking the kids to the panto tonight in the Olympia, does anyone have any recommendations for somewhere to eat beforehand? Reasonably cheap and cheerful, family friendly please!!
Thanks

Gruel is just beside the Olympia, decor is not up to much but food is great and reasonably priced.

I wouldn't call Gruel a "family" restaurant. Da Pino at the corner of Parliament Street is a better bet. Pizza, pasta, etc. Pretty reliable. You might need to book though.

You could do worse than The Mona Lisa Resturant on D'Olier Street, 5 mins walk to the Olympia and great food, pizza, pasta etc.., It's 9.95 euro for two courses before 6.30pm I think, the menu is not reduced and neither are the portions.

[broken link removed]

You couldn't do any worse than Mona Lisa. The food is absolutely appalling. I wouldn't send my worst enemy to the place.

Toscana just up the road is pretty good, quick and cheap Italian food.....I've brought the kids there before and they liked it too

You couldn't do any worse than Mona Lisa. The food is absolutely appalling. I wouldn't send my worst enemy to the place.

I'm sure if the food was absolutely appalling it wouldn't be still on the go all these years and also very busy each and every night.

Each to their own.

Little Caesers on College Green is another good cheap and cheerful Italian restaurant.

try luigi malones in temple bar - always a good old reliable - especially chicken wings - roll up them sleeves !

Thunderoad and The Hard Rock Cafe are nice in Temple Bar, and they have bikes etc in them to for the kids to explore

Elephant & Castle are very family friendly and do really good food - only thing is I don't think they take reservations. Second Toscana tho - its a great spot

I have never had a bad meal in Mona Lisa and the Early Bird is good value in my opinion.

New Millenium (near the Gaiety) is also pretty good, but maybe a little far.

Elephant and Castle is nice as well.

cafebardeli on georges street has great pizzas, pastas and salads, think they do kids portions too or you could get a big bowl of pasta and share it between 3 or 4 of the kids. it's good value too.

There is a Mexican on Georges Street - Acapulco me thinks. No Michelin star but cheap and cheerful, the kids should enjoy it.
Would second Cafe Bar Deli too.

Captain America's on Grafton Street is great for kids I've found. They seem to love the loudness and the bright lights so bring along your earplugs/switch off your hearing aid, and don't forget your sunglasses!!

Try Condotti it's on the north side of the liffey at the halfpenny bridge. Mostly Italian. They do a great early bird for €12.50 (two Courses) €15 for three. Pizzas are great, as is the chocolate cake. I've brought my nieces and nephews and now any time they are up they want to go there as they loved the pizza.
Enjoy.

You should try Boccaccio's on Dame Street, it's run by Italians and has been around for ages. I have found it to be very reliable for very good food and decent prices, I think they do an early menu as well. Laid back atmosphere would make it good for kids too.

www.indublin.ie/venuedetails.aspx?vid=19954

The Market Bar in the George's St. arcade does very nice tapas-like food, good value too. It's child friendly in the late afternoon or early evening.