Family grave query

Agree with you on this but that's life. Parish pump politics are alive and well. Have you ever heard of the Healy Rae's?
Yes I have and have great respect for them. Why blame the politicians? I'd love to see a link to what you're talking about but I guess that's not possible? Or is it just YOU who thinks one should do this?

I don't know if anyone else agrees with my advice but it's up to the OP whether to follow up on it, I don't mind. The problem appears to be with the council. In my experience most rural councillors will be happy to help in matters like this as it helps them get votes. Along with attending funerals it's their bread and butter. It's probably different in urban areas, I don't know.

The chances are that in this instance the local councillor will know the parish priest, the undertaker, the graveyard caretaker and the council staff and will have the greatest chance of sorting it.

I'm not blaming the politicians, they're doing what's needed to be re-elected. It's how people vote that leads to this, that's democracy.

Back