fake guys from irish water board

johnwilliams

just heard there are fake guys from irish water board calling to houses 1 to distract other to rob
this scam occurs with other companies as well gas esb local community employment schemes, county councils (heard about a council worker a while back selling council jackets at car boot sale (unverified)
what do you do
1, ask for identification (probably fake )but they got the jackets so they must be genuine see above
2 ring the fake number they give you to confirm their id

so what I an asking is can a sticky be made that has genuine numbers for all the above companies that when you ring you get to talk to someone straight away who can confirm these people are real

Heard this on the news a while back, I think at the time it was in the Carlow/ Kilkenny area. Just to reiterate what I have said on another post, please please, if you have elderly relatives, neighbours or friends, tell them to have a line ready that they need to check with you before anything goes ahead, in terms of gaining access to their house/ selling stuff to them, at the door or over the phone.

Irish Water workers do not need access to houses in order to complete work, please make elderly people, in particular, aware of this also.

Irish Water workers do not need access to houses in order to complete work, please make elderly people, in particular, aware of this also.

+1 Irish Water staff or contractors working on their behalf do not need to access private property for any reason. The only contact you are likely to have with Irish Water staff is a note in your letter box informing you when your meter will be fitted.

so what I an asking is can a sticky be made that has genuine numbers for all the above companies that when you ring you get to talk to someone straight away who can confirm these people are real

If you want to get the ball rolling, I'll sticky it...

Back