Facebook - Beginner - For business

Freddie

I'm looking to setup a Facebook page for my parents business. I have never used Facebook before. Could someone recommend an Online course I could use side by side while actually setting up the page.

I saw some courses on Udemy under Digital Marketing. As it's a business page/account I dont want to create something horrendous and for it to actually detract from the business. I'm happy to start small/basic as I know this is something fluid that needs to be updated regularly and not created and left.

For now I'm happy for it to be information display, with just contact details like phone and email address. (Crawl before we run and all)

I have lots of time to do this at the moment due to different personal circumstances. In theory I could work fulltime at it for the next 4 weeks to get it started.

Or if someone knew an offline course I could attend for the next few weeks. I'm based in Dublin, close to the city.

I get that you learn by doing, mistakes etc but I'd prefer to get a helping hand at the start. I have a technical background but even so. Thanks

Your Local LEO (formerly county enterprise board) should have courses in social media and marketing which could help you

I find udemy courses very good. I think it would be equally important to invest in a camera or consider doing something to give you knowledge on how to take decent photographs.

Thats good to hear. Good photography will be vital as it's a food fresh business. I have a friend whose a photographer (more weddings and events) but I hadn't thought of asking him for help.

Initially to get started and now that you've highlighted this for me, I'll call in some favours with him.

Take some time to look at other similar business pages on Facebook, the competition, other similar businesses operating in other areas, etc.. Look at them critically, figure out what elements work, and what don't.

Social Media users generally expect quick turn-around to any comments or questions posted to the page. Facebook publishes the usual response time, so make sure someone is regularly monitoring and responding to questions.

Thanks to everyone who has taken time to reply and comment.

For now I'm just looking for the name of courses or providers. Whether they are online or offline. If they are offline, I'd like to be able to start as soon as possible.

Back