External treated timber cladding

gilboy

Hi

I am trying to get my hands on external threated timber cladding. I am currently getting quotes ranging between 25(sq meter) for Douglas Fir, larch & cedar for 40(sq meter).

I need large quantities of the cladding so if anyone has any contacts of people who work in supply of such timbers would appreciate if you got in touch

Thanks!

Re: External threated timber cladding

Depending on what your purpose is will help decide the material you need.

Any of the pine, fir, spruce etc will need pressure treating to preserve the timber in any weathering position. The timber will also need surface treatment with protective oils etc to maintain the colour otherwise this will fade very quickly and lead to staining.

Cedar is a naturally oilly timber and is thus well preserved. It does require regular surface treatment to prevent drying and cracking, also to keep it looking well.

There is a plethora of buildings with untreated timber cladding that is just plain ugly within 6 months.

You also have options of vinyl cladding where maintainance is likely to be an issue or in particularily exposed site where weather has a greater effect on the timber.

There is little point getting a great deal on the price of the material if you will have to replace it in short time.

Thanks for the response Sconhome

I agree with you regarding the large number of buildings with untreated timber cladding - think its a real eyesore.

I am not looking for the bargain basement cladding by any means, i.e. want to ensure it is treated etc. However, wanted to identifyt best prices for treated cladding
Thanks

Back