Extension Price Query

imalwayshappy

Hi,

This is probably a silly questions so apologies. I have two rooms with a partition wall in total the existing size is 50 square meters. I am looking at knocking the partition wall and extending out another 10 square meters (making the new room 60square meters) .

Online it mentions that an extension cost would be €1500 per square meter. Would the total cost for this be €90k (60 square meters x 1500 i.e. charged for the entire floor area) or 15k (10 square meters x 1500 i.e. charged for the new extension size only).

Thanks

In theory over the area of the extension bit only, however an online price per mtr basically means very little as it's not as straightforward as that. You'll need internal wall removed and external wall and most likely new support when extending out. Only way to get good idea would be try a few builders for quotes.

Builders don't quote like that, but on the work required. This work shouldn't cost as much as 60 x €1,500, but will cost more than 10 x €1,500 given that you will have a combination of 10 sqm of new build plus 50 sqm of refurbishment & redecoration.

As above, get some detailed quotes being as specific as possible about what you want, then compare the prices.

Back