Euros 24.

joer

Who will lift the trophy . A lot of people fancy the 'ould enemy '. I think Germany, been the hosts , might just take the crown..
Any thoughts....

My Euro 2024 wisdom of crowds meta-analysis ( see other thread ) has France as winners and Germany as runners-up. Conveniently, this aligns with my personal opinion, so I've had a wager on that potential outcome. Got it this morning @ 28/1 ⚽

Despite four awful performances England keep stuttering along and remain one of the favorites to bring the trophy 'home '.

Georgia were great entertainment, was sorry to see them go out.
Rumours that their manager Willy Sagnol will be taking over as Ireland manager after the Euros.

I was relived when France fluked a winner versus Belgium, such a dull game didn't fancy sitting through extra time. Belgium only seemed to have any urgency after they went behind.

I was sorry to see Slovenia go out too. They played great throughout the game but they couldn't score even one penalty such was the brilliance of the Portuguese goalkeeper...as for the other embarrassing drama queen CR the less said the better ...

I was sorry to see Slovenia go out too. They played great throughout the game but they couldn't score even one penalty such was the brilliance of the Portuguese goalkeeper...as for the other embarrassing drama queen CR the less said the better ...
It is in the rules. Each of the major teams has to be handicapped with a formerly top striker now carrying injuries or old legs... Kane, Mbappe, Ronaldo. Wouldn't be fair otherwise!

Slovenia are knocked out after 4 draws.

You might be right.

Germany, in particular, might be too physically powerful & experienced, but I love the way the Spanish team plays.

.as for the other embarrassing drama queen CR the less said the better ...
Shame really, he's gone beyond his "best before" or "sell by dates", a split second late and a metre short all the time, plus his eye-sight ain't what it was.

Shame really, he's gone beyond his "best before" or "sell by dates", a split second late and a metre short all the time, plus his eye-sight ain't what it was.
But his teary eyes are the very same as they were when he was with United.. He will never be a team player.

Pretty thrilling penos....regardless of how ugly the beaten path, results are all that matters and they've been ridiculously successful despite themselves.

No idea why Watkins remains on the bench, I'd start him every time and keep Kane on the bench, he's old & tired and it shows.

Back