EU261 Refund Ryanair

Not on my ipad online banking, or on my account statement. So where?
Republic of Ireland customers
  • 365 online - within accounts details on homepage and eStatements
  • Bank of Ireland App - on account details and eStatements
  • Paper statements
  • IBAN calculator

I downloaded a “Statement of fees” from BoI and it only had the IBAN and not the BIC.

Obviously a transaction statement is different but I was surprised the former didn’t have the BIC.

Hi Bronte

Well done on pursuing this. I've been through this sort of rigmarole with a number of businesses recently, the phone companies such as Vodafone and Eir are past masters at it. Your point that the process feels like it was designed to deliberately put you off and/or obstruct you sounds so familiar. You also start to question yourself variously feeling that you are wasting your time or being miserly and mendicant. I'm delighted that you persevered and won out.

I've looked at my online BOI statements, and the BIC is appearing in the top right hand corner, in a four line block with the telephone and fax numbers and the branch code. It's given its full title "Branch Identifier Code BOFIIE2D". It would make far more sense if they put it adjacent to the IBAN. Agree with @Dr Strangelove that it is totally unnecessary anyway.
Thank you for confirming about systems.

I've gone into my ipad BofI. First of all it's bonkers as it makes the screen go verticle. Instead of horizontal. I put in my 365 pin code and my accounts come up. Each account on first screen I can see the name I gave them, eg one is called Rental. And I can see the IBAN. I click on that account. And as I'm writing this I see a button on top left, bic/Iban, which I didn't see before, and yes it has the BIC. So now I know. I just looked at the transactions and didn't notice that. I'm new to BofI online.

When there I can also hit either statements or more options, for pdf docs. And seeing as I'm being extra careful now, I do see the BIC. In the top right corner, under their phone numbers, called Bank Identifier Code. Not anywhere near the a) bank account or b) iban.

On the Account statement

But not on the Statement of Fees.

And the screen goes back to horizontal for looking at those.

What's super annoying is that I can't do the banking on a computer like I did with Ulster.

What's super annoying is that I can't do the banking on a computer like I did with Ulster.
According to this that should be possible...
365 online
You need a security device to log into your online account. Visit www.365online.com and follow below steps

On log in screen - browser
  1. Enter your unique password information and tap 'Continue'.
  2. Enter the 3 requested digits of your 6-digit 365 PIN. Then click confirm
  3. A notification will be sent to the security device quoted on screen.
On your Security device – Smart device
  1. Tap the notification on your security device to open authentication screen – you will not be asked to log into your security device.
  2. Swipe to accept. - The notification will disappear from your device automatically or you can tap ‘Done’
  3. That’s it – you should now be able to view your online account on your browser

Agree 100%. The Ulster Bank iPad app was superb. Very cleverly designed, making maximimum use of the screen real estate and super easy to use. I was gobsmacked when I looked at BOI and AIB’s iPad offerings. Both are just their rudimentary iPhone apps, which are cumbersome and clunky on the iPad. That business of having to hold your iPad sideways is seriously embarrassing and a non starter. I gave up accessing either using my iPad, and on the odd occasion I do need to do so, i use their web interfaces via Safari.

Anyway thanks again for documenting the RyanAir refund shenanigans. Most useful.

As it's 7 days I sent a reminder to Ryanair.

I did a new booking just now. Return. Flight out has 35 rows, and flight back has 33 rows.

As it's 7 days I sent a reminder to Ryanair.

I did a new booking just now. Return. Flight out has 35 rows, and flight back has 33 rows.
Maybe the outbound leg simply has higher demand so a bigger plane?

Maybe the outbound leg simply has higher demand so a bigger plane?
I've no issue with it. But given there is an issue over them changing planes with less seats it would be something to note. To those who get bumped off.

Ryanair updated me after 5 weeks .....

(Ryanair)
Oct 2023, 09:14 GMT+1
Dear Ms. Bronte

I refer to your correspondence dated /09/2023.

Please disregard our previous correspondence as it contained incorrect information, see below our corrected response to your claim.

Due to the nature of the claim, we regret to inform you that we ask all our passengers to hand in their claim individually.

Once we have the claim submitted by the passenger themselves, we will be able to process the claim, without further delay. The passenger can fill a separate claim using one of the following links:

Kind Regards,
Ms X
Ryanair Customer Service

Last edited:
So their first link on that doesn't work, and the second one is starting the claim form again.

-It asks for the email used at booking (mine) so I'll try that.
- I put the reservation no in and it works and brings up details of passengers (my relations that I paid the flight for).
- It then DELIBERATELY does this:

Invalid booking details
Dear Customer, it appears that your flight has not been disrupted. If your flight was disrupted less than 24 hours ago, please try again later. Alternatively, if you still believe your flight suffered a delay, please click here to contact our customer services department. We remind you that Ryanair.com is the only website authorised to sell Ryanair flights: if you have made your Ryanair booking with an unauthorised third-party please click here to submit your application
Okay, got it

- So I click the click here (bolded above)
- And I get this:

oops

You're not authorized to access this page

Take me back to the home page

(I'm being made to work for this money back)

I phoned Ryanair (only took 11 minutes on hold) the guy says the second link is working. And I said no actually it's not, and I told him exactly what I did (email, booking etc). And then he told me to google Ryanair submit form. He did not want to wait while I tested that. When we were finished he said had I any other issue and I said yes I did.

That the first link was not working at all and the 2nd link was not working after you'd gone 2 steps, he told me he was sorry for that. And I asked him why it wasn't working for months and why they were directing customers to links that don't work. So he put the phone down on me.

Back