EU Deposit Interest - Revenue Reporting

After several calls and back and forth in myenquiries, do you think they have finally fix it? Well not quite.
Now the interest show as interest, so far so good and is taxed at 33%, great BUT that same amount is shown in Panel 4 Tax credits. That's correct, revenue has moved from charging me 52% of my declared interest to refund me 33% of interest declared as a tax credit so I'm actually getting money back instead of paying, what an utterly mess they are. Should I engage again with them or should I get the money and don't look back? Can revenue go after me in the comming years for a tax return they have incorrectly made years ago demanding interests and/or a fee on top? I'm kind of sick of this situation and having to chase revenue around and going through all kind of hoops and loops just to pay my fecking taxes is beyond me
@PIC16f84
So Revenue issued a new statement of Liability to me today.
If you have a chance to check the 2 screenshots.
I have also attached image of the original Statement.

Does this new one look correct. is the €59 not a repayment for charging the interest €399 at the wrong tax & USC rate in the first place?

Thank you

Attachments

• Revenue DIRT Statement 2.jpg
    Revenue DIRT Statement 2.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 37
  • Revenue DIRT Statement.jpg
    Revenue DIRT Statement.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 38
  • Revenue DIRT WRONG.jpg
    Revenue DIRT WRONG.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 37
@ACER10 yours looks legit to me, you have the 33% of your interest in page 1 (so do I) and then the same amount is displayed on the section Income from Employments, Pensions and Other Sources as it should be. My problem is I have the amount in Panel 4 Tax Credits so technically they treat my due tax from interest as a tax credit, basically refunding me instead of charging me

@ACER10 yours looks legit to me, you have the 33% of your interest in page 1 (so do I) and then the same amount is displayed on the section Income from Employments, Pensions and Other Sources as it should be. My problem is I have the amount in Panel 4 Tax Credits so technically they treat my due tax from interest as a tax credit, basically refunding me instead of charging me
Ok.. thank you @PIC16f84
The person who amended mine through My enquiries, was the same person who phoned me following letter to Mr. Cody Office. So perhaps, I was just lucky.
I hope yours gets sorted soon.

It is starting to make the news at least
Good to see. Shame it takes Accountant bodies to influence Revenue to sit up & address a very obvious issue impacting many tax payers who have clearly highlighted the issue to them & Mr Cody's Office.
Has anyone here tried submitting a Form 11 return since Revenue's June 26th update & hit this issue? If so, would other submitters be better off waiting until July 15th to submit their 2023 Form 11 when "certain problems" are fixed?

Re:
"Filers can choose to complete a prepopulated return in ROS online or offline options," Revenue added"
In theory (or in practice for anyone who has tried it), would submitting an offline (paper) Form 11 be a workaround to this issue?

Can somebody please confirm to me if PRSI is also due on interest income?

I am submitting via Form 11 and the total interest amount (and other income) is less than 5K EUR

thanks

Back