Employer providing payslips

cuz

Good evening,

I started a new job two weeks ago and I've yet to receive a payslip. I'm getting paid roughly what I think I should be getting: my hourly rate times hours worked I'd just like to see how much tax I'm paying.

My employer claims it's down to administration costs that payslips can't be provided weekly. He says that the wages are subbed out to another company which I know is the same as the other companies I've worked for. As inept as a couple of them were they still managed to send the staff their payslips.
Is it not just a case of an email address attached to each employee that the software then sorts out?

Thanks

If you're on same pay every week the least you need is a breakdown of deductions. You're legally entitled to a payslip.

You're legally entitled to a payslip.
and even if it is subbed out as the employer says it is still the employer's responsibility to ensure you know your pay and deductions. Ask him/her does s/he know the old Danish saying, "I've kicked my dog, now you kick yours".

Even in the days of manual calculations and working a "back week", the second pay-day always saw money and a pay-slip arrive.

Many companies only provide monthly payslips. If you've been there over a month without a payslip, then it's time to get unhappy.

Even in the days of manual calculations and working a "back week", the second pay-day always saw money and a pay-slip arrive.

Ha! I have been working for a very large state organisation since 23 Sept. I have yet to see a penny or a payslip.

You have the right to payslips: your employer is breaking the law by not providing them.

See: https://www.citizensinformation.ie/...d_conditions/pay_and_employment/pay_slip.html

If you've been paid there's no reason why you shouldn't be given a payslip: it's just a record. Did your employer say when you would be getting the payslips? I'd be more than a little suspicious, to be honest (are they paying PRSI? deducing the right PAYE/USC?).

Ha! I have been working for a very large state organisation since 23 Sept. I have yet to see a penny or a payslip.
HA! HSE South whose post-PPARS PPARS has left staff with wrong pay and no pay. An internal review classified it as "partially successful"!!!! Rather like being a partially pregnant/not pregnant.

Sorry for delay

Many companies only provide monthly payslips. If you've been there over a month without a payslip, then it's time to get unhappy.

The other lads say that he just doesn't give them

you've been paid there's no reason why you shouldn't be given a payslip: it's just a record. Did your employer say when you would be getting the payslips? I'd be more than a little suspicious, to be honest (are they paying PRSI? deducing the right PAYE/USC?).

He said on request which I did this week and didn't get any
My worries exactly. Has anyone heard of this happening?

Sorry for delay

The other lads say that he just doesn't give them

Employers now have to make monthly returns to revenue so a quick call to revenue should allay your fears.

Are you already signed up to Revenue's "MyAccount" service? You can view your payroll information there. If you are not signed up, you should do so.

Go to "PAYE Services"
Then "Manage Your Tax 2019"
Click on "view" beside your active employer
This will bring up a list of all your payment dates / gross / tax / PRSI / USC / net.

Do you mean does it happen that employers don't deduct tax and PRSI and pass it on to Revenue? If so, then the answer is unfortunately, yes. You should check yourself with Revenue (see Nutso's post). If payments have been made, it's not so bad: just an inability (still inexcusable) to produce some basic paperwork, to which you are entitled. If not, it's a lot more serious, both for you (e.g. missing PRSI contributions), but more especially your employer.

If you are to be paid monthly, you started too late for the September payroll.

I assume you will get paid the end of October with arrears for September.

Can't see a large state organisation not providing payslips or indeed not paying.

Back