eircom complaints

gauloise

Hi all! I just thought I would see had anyone ever lodged a formal complaint with eircom with regard to service (or lack of ) and if so did they have any positive feedback.
I have just wasted a third day waiting for an installation, only to be told that I should never have been given appointments in the first place as there was a problem with the network. Have just lodged a formal complaint and have been assured that I will be contacted by a manager but am not holding out much hope..

I wrote several letters of complaint to eircom (post IPO but pre Valentia takeover I think) and never got any reply. Maybe matters have improved since then. Good luck!

I thought they had a customer service charter that provided for compensation in the form of credit to your account in the event of failing to keep appointments. I got a month's line rental out of them a few years back when they didn't respond to a fault within a specified time. Details are probably on their website

Have just found this in their customer charter

Installation - under the terms of our customer service guarantee if we fail to install your line within 10 working days of our agreeing to do so you can claim a credit of two months free rental.

Can I presume that because I have been given 3 installation dates within 20 days that I can claim 4 months free rental?

How did you lodge your complaint?

I think I've referred a few times here to their official complaints procedure on their website. I've found that any complaints lodged here, no matter how trivial, are acted on fairly swiftly.

When you submit a complaint here you're given a reference/complaint number.

As far as I know, these reference numbers are monitored by Comreg with some sort of action taken if they're not acted upon quickly. For this reason, it's the best way to go. If you don't have a complaint reference number, you're complaint probably doesn't exist.

Eircoms way of dealing with a complaint is to ignore it and hope it goes away.(from a staff member(senior)
I have a long story re Eircom that I will relate to all when I have time.

d

Diddles I look forward to hearing that! Ronan_d_john yes I do have a reference number for my complaint. I have previously on other occasions logged my complaint online with little success so today's was logged with a person. I have also had dealings with ComReg in the past but they really encourage you to resolve matters with service (??) provider first which is fair enough

Back