Eddie Hobbs - New magazine - Anyone bought it?

Cyrstal

Not sure if this is the correct forum for this post or not!!

Eddie Hobbs has brought out a new magazine(I think it's called 'Its your Money') Has anyone bought it, and what do you think of it?? Haven't seen it in shops yet for a flick through of it.

No doubt full of the usual perils of financial wisdom that emanate from this guys mouth, I am still waiting for a programme about sewing up your trouser pockets to make sure you keep "your money".

Seen it. Retails €2.95 about 90 pages. Seems trendy but not for AAM types. Bill tyson, Jill Kerby, Eddie Lennon and Diarmuid Condon write.

Yes. It was launched today.

They are spending a lot on advertising which we should see over the next few days.

I am waiting for my complimentary copy.

Brendan

nope, 2.95 Euro in shops only as far as i am aware. for 2.95 they sure did go all out on the cover though.

Guess that sums us all up, the on-line financial types, where we expect everything for nothing and wouldn't part with cash even as low as a few Euro if its free on-line! This magazine is definitely not for us then for sure!

I bought it! Fell asleep reading it though. The first thing I thought when I got it home was Eddie Hobbs saying <Cork Accent>'You could save yourself a whopping €35.40 per annum by just not buying this magazine'</Cork Accent>

I bought it! Fell asleep reading it though. The first thing I thought when I got it home was Eddie Hobbs saying <Cork Accent>'You could save yourself a whopping €35.40 per annum by just not buying this magazine'</Cork Accent>
LOL :D

You can get a whopping 50% off the price if you subscribe till christmas!!!!! Only €12 - Im sure we can stretch that far with all the money that we'll be saving from the tips!!!!!

PMSL (& I'm from Cork!) :D

Googled Eddie Hobbs but nothing about the magazine. €12 till Dec sounds OK. I'll look out for it since it's bound to be entertaining if not better than AAM on finance!

Incidentally he (and someone else) was vindicated in the Courts recently; it was to do with allegations concerning his connection with a business that went bust. Can't remember the name of the firm where he had been a director but the piece about E.H. was in a recent Irish Times or Sunday paper. Just thought I'd mention that.

Googled Eddie Hobbs but nothing about the magazine.
finds EH's website top of the list and info about his magazine is [broken link removed]!

Can't remember the name of the firm where he had been a director but the piece about E.H. was in a recent Irish Times or Sunday paper. Just thought I'd mention that.
[Tony] Taylor Investments or something like that. Worth pointing out that EH was completely vindicated given that this issue is one that detractors have raised again and again here on AAM. I'm not a big EH fan myself as it happens but never bought into the whole tarring Eddie with the Tony Taylor brush lark.

I am very :eek: but thanks for the link. I'll definitely invest the €12 for his magazine - it's a bargain and he's worth it!;)
Originally Posted by ClubMan
Taylor Investments or something like that. Worth pointing out that EH was completely vindicated given that this issue is one that detractors have raised again and again here on AAM.
Yes, that's why I thought it worth mentioning. I do find him very entertaining and he has got that Cork Blas even if Corkonians mistakenly like to think of Cork as "the real capital"! I also despise character assassination and the papers here are slow to issue their apologies; also false allegations have a habit of being repeated in this country - even when the person has been vindicated. Just my opinion.

Sorry sherib - I didn't mean to imply that you were one of the character assassins just in case it came across that way!

Glad I checked in. I didn't for a second think you meant anything like that. Anyhow it was me who mentioned character assassination. Maybe that was a bit strong - but hope everyone knows what I meant. In fact I nearly always take the side of the accused until it is proven otherwise and get in to all kinds of trouble for so doing!

The magazine's not bad. It's a great concept (like a sanatised AAM in print) and I think it will do well. The price is reasonable, about the same as "De Echo" is you subscribe for the year. However, there are _way_ too many pictures of Eddie Hobbs though (even though he is a handsome man like all us Corkonians).

Back