Eddie Hobbs 1st April 4.75% on 21 day account?

By the way am I reading the EBS optimise rates correctly? Does it state they will pay 5.25% on lump sum for three months?
From the [broken link removed]:
• *5.25% fixed interest rate available on the initial lump sum lodgement and additional lodgements made by direct debit for the first 3 months of your account. Minimum C.A.R. in year one is 4.13% based on ECB rate as at 08/03/07.
Could put €20,600 (my SSIA amount) on deposit for 3 months and then take it out (it drops to ECB rate after 3 months).
Can't see why not from a quick scan of the bumpf.

When did this rate become available? I don't think that it was on offer to me when my EBS SSIA matured.

Just rang EBS - the 5.25% started last week, April 3rd. It is available to all SSIA holders, not just EBS customers. Proof of SSIA matured amount is needed and that matured amount can be lodged to an 'optimise' account, getting 5.25% for three months. One can just withdraw then or leave in account but dropping to ECB rate.

Thanks oldtimer. When my EBS SSIA matured in December I left most of it invested in Summit Funds and transferred €130 to a new Optimise account. Obviously this rate was not on offer to me then but I will be asking them to give it to me now and for any further lump sum that I might lodge!

Back