EBS savings

Pastorius

I have a large amount saved in a fixed savings account with the EBS Building Society on a 3 months basis which can't be accessed until October. Do I have cause for concern in the present climate.

Because (a) the deposit guarantee scheme guarantees 100% of deposits up to €100K and (b) there is no hard evidence that EBS deposits are at risk right now.

Because (a) the deposit guarantee scheme guarantees 100% of deposits up to €100K and (b) there is no hard evidence that EBS deposits are at risk right now.

I asked why the OP does not have cause for concern in the present climate and you havent answered that question. It's obvious that if the banks and building societies default that our government will not be able to pay for all their desposits and liabilities. You have overlooked that point.

I asked why the OP does not have cause for concern in the present climate and you havent answered that question. It's obvious that if the banks and building societies default that our government will not be able to pay for all their desposits and liabilities. You have overlooked that point.

This sounds like the fanciful "€400 billion" argument. This has been comprehensively debated here.

Back