Easy money or con - Elearnexpress.com

Re: elearnexpress

Rainyday - maybe you should just remove the whole thread - aren't pyramid schemes illegal? (and unethical)

The thing keeps getting bumped.

Hi AP - In general, we take a view that logical arguement is far more effective than censorship on matters like this.

Yes XXXAnother PersonXXX, you’re right. Pyramid schemes are illegal and unethical.

But all you negative guys are afraid to know the truth. Straight away, you accuse Elearnexpress of being a pyramid scheme without any proof. There are two sides to every story remember, and I know who is right.

Rainyday, maybe you should take a trip up to *********** to check out “some guys back bedroom in a rented house”.

(reference deleted to specific and unverified postal address)

Which part of the following do you not understand!? - even the official elearnexpress documentation states that to participate/earn you have to recruit three more participants and that they have to do likewise, ad infinitum (or in this case ad nauseam! :\ ). That is the essence of a pyramid scheme! :rolleyes

Hi ClubMan,

I'm forming the opinion that Elearner understands only too well that this is a pyramid scheme, but wants to continue the debate in the vain hope that the scheme will get some publicity by continued debate on Askaboutmoney.

But all you negative guys are afraid to know the truth. Straight away, you accuse Elearnexpress of being a pyramid scheme without any proof. There are two sides to every story remember, and I know who is right.

I'm getting that 'deja moo' feeling (i.e. I've heard all this bull before) - Ah yes - it was all those ladies who extolled the virtues of the Women Empowering Women scheme, just before the bubble burst. Funny how they're not still claiming it was a great idea?

elearnexpress

elearnexpress is a very good scheme it is not a pyrimid far from it.i have recieved 75$ for signing up my three people and am nearly at the point where i get my money back + i go into classroom 2 now where i recieve 750$ for doing nothing.then i move to classroom 3 where i recieve 6000$ and i go back into the cycle again for free and start again.

Hi Christian - You seem to be contradicting yourself. You tell us that "it is not a pyrimid far from it" and then you go on to describe a perfect pyramid structure, i.e. "i have recieved 75$ for signing up my three people [...] i go into classroom 2 now where i recieve 750$ for doing nothing.then i move to classroom 3 where i recieve 6000$ "

This is how all pyramids work - This is what makes them all topple over - How many people need to be recruited for you to get your $6000?

elearnexpress

your mad about pyramid schemes arent you.
maybe if you gave it a chance,tell me does any other pyramid scheme give you the chance to do 190 different courses plus give you your money back.yes the company gives you your money back.I myself am only starting to do courses through my computer eg.european driving licence the price of this one course is 200 euro.Why not learn and maybe earn a little on the way.

So can we take that you haven't actually done the maths to work out the answer to my question, i.e. "How many people need to be recruited for you to get your $6000?"

Quote:

I'm forming the opinion that Elearner understands only too well that this is a pyramid scheme.

Liam, if I knew it was a pyramid scheme, I would have stayed well clear of it. I know for a fact it’s not and if you can’t comprehend that, well that’s your problem.

Folks, I’m getting bored stating the fact that this is affiliate/network marketing company. Elearnexpress is all about promoting and using an elearning package, but you don’t have to promote it if you don’t want to. A student that joins now can earn more than one that joined a few months ago – suddenly the so called ‘pyramid’ is changing shape!

And Rainyday, to compare the Women empowering Women scheme with this is a joke. The answer to your badly worded question by the way is 3 sales of the product. Have you not read the compensation plan?

Christian, you’re right - they’re all obsessed about pyramids. They should be all sent to Egypt and locked up in one for good!

Folks, I’m getting bored stating the fact that this is affiliate/network marketing company.

Yes - and we're getting bored listening to you and others attempting to evangelise for this scheme at this stage. Note that some of the best known affiliate schemes (e.g. Amway is probably the most (in)famous) are pyramid schemes.

The answer to your badly worded question by the way is 3 sales of the product. Have you not read the compensation plan?

Three sales or seven "hearts" seems like much of a muchness to me - just a faster rate of collapse in the latter case.

The answer to your badly worded question by the way is 3 sales of the product. Have you not read the compensation plan?

Hi Christian - Why don't you give the full answer & not the selectively misleading answer? Or let me rephrase the question - How many people have to join the pyramid in order for you to get your €6,000?

Elearner, or Andy, or Christian, or whatever you're
calling yourself today.

You may not know that it's a pyramid scheme. You may not know how such schemes work, but that doesn't change what it is. Trust me, the people you are arguing with here are clever people, they know what they are talking about. They've seen all this before and they have probably received hundreds of "email flyers" as you call them promoting schemes exactly like this one.

Having looked at the website in question I can tell you for a fact that THEY ARE RIGHT. It's a classic example of a pyramid scheme. I've been looking at schemes like this and explaining them to people for about 6 years.

A quick search on the web for other pages about this scheme show's that it has all the hallmarks. The fact that there is a product involved doesn't make it something else. It's a pyramid scheme.

Have you read it? The product costs $340 and according to you three customers will be sufficient to pay christian €6000, plus pay each of these customers back a profit whether they decide to sell or not. Hmmmm.
I'm beginning to see how you got taken in by this. I suggest that if there is a Maths course available you take it.

I'm assuming the reason you think three customers will be enough is because you are depending on THEM to go and and each recruit 3, and so on. I.E. A PYRAMID SCHEME.

This is the same plan that was worked out by the renowned mathematician. Who was that? can we have a name? what institution is this person attached to? If this is a new matematical formula that allows more to be paid out than is paid in then I'm sure there's a published paper explaining how it works.

:rollin

Didn't think so.

Give us a break, we've heard it all before, and guess what the other schemes claimed: "This scheme is different".

I'd actually prefer if you'd just accept it's a gamble and huge numbers of people will lose money. Then at least the argument could shift to the morality of it, rather than wasting time explaining primary school maths to you.

Perhaps you might be willing to provide evidence that it
works. We could get an independant person to certify that
€6000 euro was paid to you and dozens of other people.
I'm sure you are all paying tax on the earnings, so it shouldn't
be difficult to prove it to us. Have there been any lodgements
of €6000 to your account recently, or when are you expecting
one?

I'll gladly pay the fee to have your local bank write a letter
confirming that such lodgements were made.

-Rd

daltonr, you bring up an interesting point. Are pyramid
schemes like this one illegal in Ireland? I know that
there are very strong laws against them in the US and I
have a vague idea that there are laws against them in
the UK.

If such schemes are not illegal, they certainly would
seem to be immoral. However, there is a fundamental
difficulty in judging proponents of such schemes; are
they being cynical or stupid? Given the wealth of
information on the internet and the constant stream of
advice against joining such schemes, I have surprisingly
little sympathy for the latter. Of course I have even
less regard for the former.

How about setting up an askaboutmoney pyramid scheme?
The reward for joining could be something like access to
a new restricted forum (perhaps offering valuable stock
tips). Any proponents of such schemes could be directed
to consider the askaboutmoney one. All that is needed
is some slick web page. Of course all proceeds would
go to charity.

perhaps offering valuable stock tips.

You are joking aren't you?

ok it might have been a bit too droll.
I refuse to use those smiley things.

ok it might have been a bit too droll.

Phew!

I refuse to use those smiley things.

Ah g'wan - even Brendan has been known to use them (well once anyway...). ;)

Re: ElearnExpress

Are pyramid schemes like this one illegal in Ireland?

This relates to Northern Ireland. [broken link removed]
scam from a while back.

Pyramid selling is not illegal. There is legislation which controls pyramid selling relating to goods being sold, however as the " Money Tree" involves the passing on of cash as gifts it is outside the legislation at present.

What's interesting here is that the legislation would
cover ElearnExpress since there is a product. Also
ElearnExpress appears to have A base in Northen Ireland.

Closer to home a http://www.irlgov.ie/bills28/bills/2001/5901/default.htm (bill) to prohibit the inducing of persons to participate in certain multi-level or pyramid schemes

I don't know if it ever passed into law. It wouldn't
surprise me if it's still sitting on a shelf.

In 2001, on November 22nd to be exact (RIP JFK)
The Indo said:

Tanaiste asks AG to probe legal status of pyramid 'gift schemes'

So presumably she wasnt sure about the bill either.

-Rd

Re: ElearnExpress

"Liam, if I knew it was a pyramid scheme, I would have stayed well clear of it. I know for a fact it’s not and if you can’t comprehend that, well that’s your problem."

Well, Elearner, if you read the following paragraph and still believe that it's not a pyramid, it's not me who has a problem.

"...i have recieved 75$ for signing up my three people and am nearly at the point where i get my money back + i go into classroom 2 now where i recieve 750$ for doing nothing.then i move to classroom 3 where i recieve 6000$ and i go back into the cycle again for free and start again."

Call it an affiliate scheme, call it marketing, call it a miracle, call it new mathematics, call it Barbara for all I care, the above is a text-book pyramid scheme, and those who try to paint it otherwise either don't understand it or do understand it and are trying to promote it for personal gain before it collapses, as of course it will.

Back