Dublin - Melbourne Flights

firsttimebuy

Just wondering if anybody knows of any good websites of travel agents for booking a flight from Dublin to Melbourne? Also is there anyway of avoiding Heathrow?

You can fly Dub to LA with Aer Lingus Then Quantas to Syd.
Might be able to go via Dubai instead. Need to consider where your stop off is. You can use gym and shower at some of the Asian airports.

If you want to try DIY, use Expedia to get an idea of who flies that route. You'll fly through Heathrow, Amsterdam, or Paris depending on who you go with (Emirates, Singapore Airlines, British Airways, Qantas, Air France).

There's Austravel () and Abbey Travel (www.australia.ie) who have walk-in offices if you're in Dublin.

It tends to be cheaper during our summer (their winter).

Just wondering if anybody knows of any good websites of travel agents for booking a flight from Dublin to Melbourne? Also is there anyway of avoiding Heathrow?

Loads of ways of avoiding Heathrow (other European hubs or via Middle East or USA) - it sounds as though you could do with the advice of a good travel agent regarding your options - as well as the recommendations below you could try Trailfinders.

Meathman99 - Yes Lufthansa is crap in Long Haul Economy class - probably about the worst of the major European "flag carrier" airlines ( poor seats - non existent entertainment - fairly crap food)... but then they're often cheapest and most people won't pay extra above a cheaper fare for better service (I guess you picked them on price?) so they've got little enough incentive to make it better as they can pack in the punters with their current "product"

You can travel via Frankfurt with Aer Lingus and then onto Bangkok or Singapore with BA/Qantas.

I flew with singapore to banghok. Then got put on Lufthansa flight. I assumed that they would only co operate with airlines of a similar quality. In fairness their long haul wasnt near as bad as their flight from Germany to Ireland

We are flying to Melbourne by going from Dublin - Rome and Rome - Melbourne va Hong Kong

Booked through Qantas but looks like we are on Cathay Pacific which Im asking very happy about!

Very interesting to search to do on Search Engines is for Flights that leave from mainland Europe i.e. Paris, Rome
Quite often they are considerably cheaper than the same flight leaving from London!

A few different ways via Amsterdam, Singapore Airlines and Malaysia Airlines. However, you will get a lot more choice if flying via Heathrow; I know it is a pain but you could save a lot

Heathrow is OK, I don't see what the problem is, apart from the security, which is now everywhere.

Thought I'd throw this in but you can go Dub-Dub-Oz with Emirates. The second Dub being Dubai. Certainly more convenient stop-over-wise but you'l probably pay for it.

Got return flights for 1100 with Emirates (Inc flying back from Perth and stopping off in DXB), problem being is the LHR stop over, couldnt book the AL flight as the contracts hadn't been released when I booked few weeks ago. You can book on their website and pick exactly the flights you want through Manchester, Glasgow, Birmimgham, just book your own way there. Ring up trailfinders and the y might have th AL contracts. If they do make sure you get the EK412 flight as thsi is direct DXB-SYD

if i travel to ozzi,can i get a visa on line [etf or similar],anyone know the cheapest/reliable car rental in perth.

if i travel to ozzi,can i get a visa on line [etf or similar],anyone know the cheapest/reliable car rental in perth.

Yes - you should be able to arrange the EFT yourself online - travel agents etc. will do it for you for a fee - but you can do it yourself on an official Australian Govt. Website for less

No idea on the car rental.

I am going to Australia in April, and we are going Hong Kong then onto Melbourne. It is with British Airways and Qantas and we booked it Trailfinders we found they where the best for price and timing of flights etc. Plus they do not charge commission.

Just sample dates but you could also throw in a stopover in Dubai.

1 adult @ €1850
Show booking details
This ticket is non-refundable. Changes to this ticket will incur a penalty fee. Airport legend: DUB: Dublin BHX: Birmingham Int'l DXB: Dubai Int'l MEL: Melbourne Dublin, Ireland to Melbourne, Australia: 10912 miles 26 hrs 10 min
Aer Lingus Flight EI 276 on an Airbus A320 (jet) in coach class
(food for purchase)
Departs Dublin, Ireland (DUB) Fri, Feb 23 5:25p 1 hr 0 min Arrives Birmingham, United Kingdom (BHX)
6:25p

Layover in Birmingham 2 hrs 5 min
Emirates Flight EK38 on an Airbus A330 (jet) in coach class
(meal)
Departs Birmingham, United Kingdom (BHX) Fri, Feb 23 8:30p 6 hrs 55 min Arrives Dubai, United Arab Emirates (DXB) Sat, Feb 24 7:25a

Layover in Dubai 2 hrs 45 min
Emirates Flight EK406 on an Airbus A340 (jet) in coach class
(meal)
Departs Dubai, United Arab Emirates (DXB) Sat, Feb 24 10:10a 13 hrs 25 min Arrives Melbourne, Australia (MEL) Sun, Feb 25 6:35a
Note: The flight from Birmingham (BHX) to Dubai (DXB) is overnight. Note: The flight from Dubai (DXB) to Melbourne (MEL) is overnight. Melbourne, Australia to Dublin, Ireland: 10912 miles 26 hrs 55 min
Emirates Flight EK407 on an Airbus A340 (jet) in coach class
(meal)
Departs Melbourne, Australia (MEL) Fri, Mar 30 9:30p 14 hrs 10 min Arrives Dubai, United Arab Emirates (DXB) Sat, Mar 31 5:40a

Layover in Dubai 2 hrs 25 min
Emirates Flight EK39 on a Boeing 777 (jet) in coach class
(meal)
Departs Dubai, United Arab Emirates (DXB) Sat, Mar 31 8:05a 7 hrs 30 min Arrives Birmingham, United Kingdom (BHX)
12:35p

Layover in Birmingham 1 hr 55 min Aer Lingus Flight EI 273 on an Airbus A320 (jet) in coach class
(food for purchase)
Departs Birmingham, United Kingdom (BHX) Sat, Mar 31 2:30p 55 min Arrives Dublin, Ireland (DUB)
3:25p
Note: The flight from Melbourne (MEL) to Dubai (DXB) is overnight.

re;stopover in dubai,we are going to ozzi in feb and are thinking of a stopover in dubai for maybe 3 or 4 days,anyone suggest hotel/accomodation near shopping malls at a good price,we heard items in the malls are as cheap as in usa.

Back