Key Post Dublin Airport Reports

Any place to eat open at that time?
My appetite was still asleep ! I didn’t dine. Though the butlers coffee stand was open. So too the next “eatery” after it. My gate was the next left. I wasn’t paying much attention. Sorry.

T1 arrived at 4am for 5.45 flight to Paphos. 1 knapsack and 1 carry on bag, straight through, no delay at all and a good sprinkling of people travelling. Shops were just beginning to pull up their shutters and easy to get a cuppa or whatever. Writing this at 9.47 am in Cyprus (+2hrs) and the temperature is 30 degrees, god only knows where it'll end up. Was 36 deg yesterday, too hot. Nice complaint though. Enjoy status orange :cool:

If you walk from your hotel to Kildare Street, you can get the 39a bus direct into the campus in UCD.

You can also get the number 46a from Kildare Street to a stop just outside the campus.

The outside stop is on the opposite side of the road from the entrance to the campus. Just walk across the bridge.

On your journey back to your hotel you can pick up the 39a in the campus terminus or get the 46a just outside the main gate.

Kildare Street is where our fantastic archaeology museum is located. Worth a visit.

You can also get the 46a bus to Dun Laoghaire for a stroll around. It winds it's way through Dublin suburbs and stops in Dun Laoghaire. For the return journey back to the city from Dun Laoghaire just hop on the DART (train) and get off at the back of Trinity College at Pearse station.

When in UCD try the food or coffee in the new University Village area or a cheap hot plate in the Main restaurant.

T1 arrived at 4am for 5.45 flight to Paphos. 1 knapsack and 1 carry on bag, straight through, no delay at all and a good sprinkling of people travelling. Shops were just beginning to pull up their shutters and easy to get a cuppa or whatever. Writing this at 9.47 am in Cyprus (+2hrs) and the temperature is 30 degrees, god only knows where it'll end up. Was 36 deg yesterday, too hot. Nice complaint though. Enjoy status orange :cool:
Just curious who did you fly with?

Just curious who did you fly with?
Ryanair. As far as I know they fly Mondays and Fridays and always to Paphos. They don't fly to Larnaca because of high charges, which is a pity as it's the other side of the island we stay in and it takes us 2 hours 10 mins to drive there. Nice drive though.

Thanks no problem... Just checked there price's.. A wee bit on the high side at the moment... Place sounds lovely though

Day: Sunday
Date: 25th sept
Terminal: 1
Checking in baggage: No
Fast Track: No
Time arrived at airport: 11.30
Time clearing security: 2 minutes 17 seconds (timed from scanning boarding card)
Total time from arrival at airport to clearing security: Less than 5 minutes
Other factual comments: e.g. long queues for food other side: Airport very busy but no queues except at duty free

Glasgow last night at 9.30pm beat that - 1min 16 seconds from scanning boarding card to clearing body scanner :)

With the main package holiday business gone quiet and airports back with sufficient staff, its effectively back to normal now. Usual early morning peaks & very quick at other times.

Back