Drunk FG TD 'threat' to ruin garda career.

Why did the guard in question not haul Sheehans drunken, abusive backside out of the car, throw him across the bonnet and 'cuff him? I'm sure that's what would happen to me on the public highway and, in similar circumstances, I'd reckon I royally deserved it.

He rates as a scumbag for his behaviour.

Why did the guard in question not haul Sheehans drunken, abusive backside out of the car, throw him across the bonnet and 'cuff him? I'm sure that's what would happen to me on the public highway and, in similar circumstances, I'd reckon I royally deserved it.

He rates as a scumbag for his behaviour.
That's what I was thinking.

1. Jock Haughey was never a T.D. so he could not have been arrested on the way to a Dail vote.
2. Sean McCarthy FF TD Tipperary used the escape route to avoid being arrested.

I understand that the reason for theat article in the Constittution is to prevent the Governement abusing their power by getting the Gardai to arrest Opposition TDs on the way to the Dail when there is a risk of a Dail defeat.
It is a relic of the 1930s where dictators like Hitler, Franco etc were abusing their power.
Think of Eoin O Duffy and the Blueshirts.

Of course the TD need not be arrested but certainly should not be allowed to drive.

Back