Driver for Dymo LabelWriter 400

LDFerguson

I have an old Dymo LabelWriter 400 label printer. I recently bought a new laptop and want to be able to print labels from it. Dymo no longer support this label printer, nor have drivers available to download as far as I can see. I can find downloads available from other sites, but they appear to be a bit dodgy. You have to register an account and I think you'll be plagued with spam (at the very least) in return for your free driver download.

Anyone know of a reputable site where I can get a download of a driver for a Dymo LabelWriter 400?

Did you try the drivers from the Dymo site anyway? They support the LabelWriter 450 and may just work with the 400.

Did you try the drivers from the Dymo site anyway? They support the LabelWriter 450 and may just work with the 400.

I did and unfortunately it just didn't recognise that I had my old 400 hooked up. Thanks for the reply.

Thanks for this. It looks like just what I need. BUT (and please bear with my limited IT skills) when I download either from the two links, I'm actually downloading a zipped folder. When I look inside the zipped folder, there's a heap of files. I'm looking for something that looks like it would install a driver, like a .exe file. Can't see it. Am I doing something wrong?

You don't need an exe just extract the zip and then when installing the device point it to that folder for the driver

You don't need an exe just extract the zip and then when installing the device point it to that folder for the driver

Sorry - I'm still lost. I plug the printer into the laptop. The laptop recognises that it's connected. But I still need the Dymo software to set up and format the labels. It was a type of really basic mini word processor just for Dymo label printers - I would type the name and address into it and it would then print the label.

Sorry - I'm still lost. I plug the printer into the laptop. The laptop recognises that it's connected. But I still need the Dymo software to set up and format the labels. It was a type of really basic mini word processor just for Dymo label printers - I would type the name and address into it and it would then print the label.
Ah OK that's not the driver you need it's the interface software.

Does this video help

Thanks again. It's certainly helpful, in that I think I need software version 8.5.4, but it looks like Dymo no longer have that version available to download, so I'm back to looking at dodgy "free download" sites and I'm very wary of their motivations. A friend has a similar printer - a 450 - and has kindly offered to share the software, if we can figure out how to share a big file from his computer. If that fails, maybe I just have to bite the bullet and "retire" my trusty old workhorse, which I would find irritating as it's working as well now as it was when it was new.

I take some comfort in the fact that the video you shared has over 72,000 views so I feel marginally less inept.

Persist with it. The newer dymo printers have NFC built in so they will only work with official dymo labels, which are about 8 times the price of the generic ones on amazon. Thanks dymo...

Thanks again. It's certainly helpful, in that I think I need software version 8.5.4, but it looks like Dymo no longer have that version available to download, so I'm back to looking at dodgy "free download" sites and I'm very wary of their motivations. A friend has a similar printer - a 450 - and has kindly offered to share the software, if we can figure out how to share a big file from his computer. If that fails, maybe I just have to bite the bullet and "retire" my trusty old workhorse, which I would find irritating as it's working as well now as it was when it was new.

I take some comfort in the fact that the video you shared has over 72,000 views so I feel marginally less inept.
This work?

https://download.dymo.com/dymo/Software/Win/DLS8Setup.8.5.4.exe

Back