Health Insurance Downgrading a plan - help needed

ian866

Currently on “Company Plan” from VHI but this policy has recently expired, it’s almost €1,500 and ideally I’d like to find something a bit cheaper.

No doctors visits needed.

Any recommendations for something similar that’s a little cheaper? I don’t mind slightly higher excesses as I assume that’s the easiest way to get the premium down

Last edited:

Replying to myself but I found “PMI 53 10” which seems decent, only €40 cheaper but seems to give better cover unless I’m missing something…even though I don’t particularly need GP coverage it’d be nice to get acupuncture cover etc

Anyone have any other recommendations for similar policies / slightly cheaper ones?

Don't think you are going to get something cheaper that won't affect the quality of cover.

Charlie Weston recently quoted Dermot Goode totalhealthcover.ie as recommending PMI4316 but the premium is €1,455.80 and your PMI 5310 is cheaper at €1,422.55. The two policies vary with some aspects of cover and excesses which would need to be compared carefully.

Dermot Goode also mentioned a while back that €1,500 would be the average price for a good policy on one of his podcasts.

VHI should be able to guide you to see if there is anything else suitable.

Back