dont know who pension is with

dockingtrade

Hi, This is a bit vague. My father is nearly 60 and had a pension 25 years ago but only paid into it for a few years. The last correspondance was in 1994. It was with prudential something (cant find any docs). Does this company still exist or who are they now in ireland. I cant find prudential in Ireland. How would i go about finding out about this pension. Should it still be there?. Thanks

Prudential are on Adelaide Road in Dublin 01 4765000. Was it a personal pension or company?

From memory I think Irish Life took over Prudential's Republic of Ireland business so you should contact them with your Dad's name and date of birth. As far as I know, the Prudential business that's on Adelaide Road is for non-resident policyholders only.

Prudential Life in Ireland became Progressive Life (when bought out by Irish Permanent) in the mid 1990's and as part of the Irish Permanent/Irish Life merger in 2000, the business was subsumed into Irish Life Retail.

If the employer are still in existance - that should be his first port of call.

Prudential had all the info when I rang and never mentioned Irish Life. I went through some documents (a drawer full of sh..)and found an Irish life statement with the same acc no. etc. I think he was dimissing these as life assurance or something else, he didnt make the connection.
Cant find the employer either.
But all sorted now.
Thanks for the help and info.

Back