Doing a snag list yourself.

steveyd

I will be soon closing a new apartment. I would like advice on whether there is significant benefit in getting a professional snagger, or would I be better off keeping the money and going through the apt myself? I would think I would be able to spot all the visual defects/problems etc myself and the apartment will have a 10 year homebond.

What are peoples opinions?

I would think I would be able to spot all the visual defects/problems etc myself

You may be able to spot the usual cosmetic defects but what about things that you are not aware of concerning building regulations. The cost of a few hundred euro for a few hundred thousand asset is well worth the expense.

Also builders will take a greater care when completing a snag list completed by a professional.

You can go and snag the house yourself and add them to the snaggers list. If giving your list direct to the builder state that this is an interim list and a final list (snaggers list) will follow. We did this and it did not cause any problem.

the apartment will have a 10 year homebond

Don't rely on homebond for minor cosmetic adjustments. Homebond only cover major structural problems

Have a look for homebond and [broken link removed] for snag list

Back