Dogs being starved

I suspect the dogs are chained or enclosed. Most dogs allowed to roam free would not be starving.

ClubMan said:
No - but somebody else (e.g. a local sheep farmer) might consider it an option. Allowing dogs to roam around the countryside (or actually anywhere these days) is not on. If this is the case here then there is even more reason than simply the alleged cruelty to report or act on the matter.
Why is it "not on" for dogs not be allowed to roam - for some it is their inbuilt nature to do so. They have as much right to this planet as the rest of us. We are but brief visitors.

Why is it "not on" for dogs not be allowed to roam - for some it is their inbuilt nature to do so. They have as much right to this planet as the rest of us. We are but brief visitors.

That is the most ludicrous argument I have heard in a long time.

Dogs allowed to roam pose a danger - to themselves, to motorists, to children, to livestock, to other dogs/domestic pets.

It is downright reckless to allow a dog roam uncontrolled anywhere in this day and age, for the reasons pointed out above. A dog is not a human, does not have human intelligence, reasoning, logic, or concept of danger.

I presume you also adhere to the belief that neutering pets is wrong because it is their 'inbuilt nature' to breed?

[broken link removed]

quarterfloun said:
Because it's the (human made) . When dogs evolve to the extent that they can draw up legislation that might change.

Not that long ago that women were also severely curtailed under the law (e.g. not allowed to vote). This is still the case -- and worse -- in some cultures. Evolution alone is not enough, unless you mean the lawmakers evolve to the point where they realise the unfairness of their own laws.

Having said that, no, I don't allow my dog to roam free either.

Can we keep this thread on topic please? If people want to discuss other issues please open a separate thread in the approporiate forum.

Back