Does company still have to pay company part of pension?

BOXtheFOX

A coleague of mine has been out of work for about two years now on sick leave. He has been paid 6 month full salary and 3 months half salary by his employer. He now has nil salary and cannot contribute to his pension. Does his company still have to contribute their portion of his pension?

He has Permanent health insurance but unfortunately before becoming sick he had to reduce his working day to a 3 day week. Based on this lower salary it would appear that he is not entitiled to any payment under the PHI scheme as it is based on two thirds salary less twice his social welfare payment.

A coleague of mine has been out of work for about two years now on sick leave. He has been paid 6 month full salary and 3 months half salary by his employer. He now has nil salary and cannot contribute to his pension. Does his company still have to contribute their portion of his pension?
I don't think that there is any statutory right to salary or pension payments during sick leave. In which case it's down to his contract of employment.

Back