Dodgy Prize

R

richkidd

received a letter in the post saying I won over 700,000 euro on Loteria Primitival International Program and I have to contact a person (name supplied) in some company called SEFEX SEGURIDA S.A. to claim the prize.

Just wondering if anyone else got one of these and if so is there anyone I can forward this unto toinvestgate it or is it just better to dump it.

wouldn't mind the money though.

Head to nearest pub and pick up the tab for the rest off the week.
Then sort it out on monday.

You know it makes sense.

Don't do this, ignore the email
They got it in the post.

Once you respond and they know the address is real you will only end up getting more spam/scam
I have my doubts about this theory. Why should they bother removing 'dead' email addresses from their lists? My spam is gradually going up anyway, and I never respond to it.

They got it in the post.

I have my doubts about this theory. Why should they bother removing 'dead' email addresses from their lists? My spam is gradually going up anyway, and I never respond to it.

They don't remove dead address , but they love adding the address of people who respond to lists because : a) its a real address b) its a person who opens spam c) its a person who reads spam

I've done it before by both post and email and have'nt heard from them again.

received a letter in the post saying I won over 700,000 euro on Loteria Primitival International Program and I have to contact a person (name supplied) in some company called SEFEX SEGURIDA S.A. to claim the prize.
Thats amazing, I won 800k in the exact same lotto about a year ago. Prize fund must be getting smaller.

Times must be bad when even the lottery scams are reducing the figures theyre giving out.

both myself and my boss won a lottery via email yesterday - apparently we have both won 2.5 milllion (each) - it wouldnt be a bit unusual for 2 people at desks next to each other to win the same amount in a lotto would it?...........................would it?

They don't remove dead address , but they love adding the address of people who respond to lists because : a) its a real address b) its a person who opens spam c) its a person who reads spam
My point is why be so particular?
It's just as easy to spam 5million people as 1million people. Send spam to everyone, instead of just concentrating on a, b and c above.

I got one a few months back from the same crowd (SEFEX SEGURIDA S.A.).
Makes you wonder where the hell they get your name and address from?

It really is very simple:

If you didn't enter the lottery you cant have won it. Therefore it's a scam!

Put it back in an envelope addressed to them stating postage will be paid by recipient.

From what I recall, I don't even think they have a franking machine and that they are all sent with a stamp!

Nice to know even the credit crunch is hitting them if the "prizes" are getting smaller.

Got a similar letter a few weeks ago telling me I had won 750,000 in some Spanish lottery. I wish :)

I received something similiar in the post asking that you send them authorisation for a direct debit of a small amount like €10, they then use these details to give you your winnings, one search on google threw up thousands of results of these scams being run under various names, the scariest thing was some people had actually sent their bank details!

Back