Do you have a smoke alarm and do you check it?

It's not exactly fair to be spreading rumours about Nokia chargers when you have no idea if it's true or not. A quick Google shows up nothing of substance. I'd be very doubtful about the accuracy of the claim.

I have heard this before, if you search more indepth you will find some info

[broken link removed]

Nokia Batterys have also caused fires : [broken link removed]

Apple iPhones also had cause to be concerned : http://www.tomsguide.com/us/apple-iphone-charger-fire-electrocution,news-2622.html

Our hoover went on fire today ( smoke only ) ( in upstairs hallway ) and smoke alarm went off immediately ............We have not checked the smoke alarms in at least 2 years .......

But alarm went off immediately .

Both claim that an unnamed charger caused a fire. No mention of Nokia.

If Noikia chargers had some defect causing fires, you'd see a lot more press than what you have posted. Nokia sells about 500 million phones per year, I think if there is a problem with their chargers you'd have really heard about it outside of the handful of links above.

I am onloy saying what the fire man told me it might save someone's life to pass it on.
Our microwave went on fire once and I was luckily in the room, I was about to go upstairs to check on my daughter but decided to wait. Caught fire in an instant and smoke alarm did go off, got an awful fright though