Do you have a smoke alarm and do you check it?

It's not exactly fair to be spreading rumours about Nokia chargers when you have no idea if it's true or not. A quick Google shows up nothing of substance. I'd be very doubtful about the accuracy of the claim.

I have heard this before, if you search more indepth you will find some info

[broken link removed]

Nokia Batterys have also caused fires : [broken link removed]

Apple iPhones also had cause to be concerned : http://www.tomsguide.com/us/apple-iphone-charger-fire-electrocution,news-2622.html

Our hoover went on fire today ( smoke only ) ( in upstairs hallway ) and smoke alarm went off immediately ............We have not checked the smoke alarms in at least 2 years .......

But alarm went off immediately .

Both claim that an unnamed charger caused a fire. No mention of Nokia.

If Noikia chargers had some defect causing fires, you'd see a lot more press than what you have posted. Nokia sells about 500 million phones per year, I think if there is a problem with their chargers you'd have really heard about it outside of the handful of links above.

I am onloy saying what the fire man told me it might save someone's life to pass it on.
Our microwave went on fire once and I was luckily in the room, I was about to go upstairs to check on my daughter but decided to wait. Caught fire in an instant and smoke alarm did go off, got an awful fright though

Back