Do we need two separate solicitors for an amicable divorce?

I have not agreed on it yet, I am merely asking for advice/opinions as I am not particularly fond of lying nor am I in any big hurry to re-marry but I do understand my partner concern.

Telling lies, and facilitating lies, has a nasty habit of coming back to bite people on the bottom.

And we wonder why one solicitor would have a difficulty representing both parties?

Case proved.

mf

If you have been living separate lives, albeit at the same address then this can be taken into account as part of the 4 years rule. However, you should be able to prove this claim by documentary evidence if necessary (bank accounts, financial arrangements, living arrangements etc.,).

mf1 is quite correct though, being untruthful is almost guaranteed to come back & haunt you at some point.

My divorce cost me nothing - ex-hubby and I agreed on everything (we have children and had property). As he wanted the divorce, he got it using his solicitor - I just had to sign a form which stated that I had no claim on anything (especially pension in the future) and that we were agreed on everything in terms of the final split. Methinks a lot of solicitors responded to the original OP ;)

To be honest with you I think you were very foolish not to have gotten independent legal advice. Whilst you may not have any claims on anything in the future are you sure you have no obligations either?

Back