Health Insurance Do Private health insurance companies ever waver the waiting period?

Moe2020

Do Private health insurance companies ever waver the waiting period?

We are insured on a company policy through my husbands work since April 2018 and we had insurance since 2008 before that. I now need treatment in a private hospital and there may be a issue with the insurance due to an upgrade in cover.

Somebody told me that there may be an option to "buy back" the waiting period on Company insurance plans?

I cant wait until April for treatment so any help or advice would be great!

Thanks

Sometimes on a company policy, the waiting period is waived. You'll need to check with husband's employer the exact wording, if you don't already have the documents.

Was the procedure you need to have covered under your old health insurance?

No the procedure wasn’t covered under my old insurance.

What is confusing me is that the table of benefits show that we are covered under the psychiatric cover for 91 days and when we contacted the insurance company customer service said that we are covered - but the hospital is saying that Vhi have highlighted the waiting periods to them!?
I again spoke to customers service in vhi asking to confirm to the hospital that we had cover and was told that nothing could be confirmed until a claim was made!
Is it just a case of sending in the claim form before they will confirm cover??!

I have looked at my renewal notice and can’t see anything about waiving the waiting period, do you know where this information could be?

Thanks

Back