Do Not Resuscitate (DNR) orders

This is not a black and white issue and I don’t think it should be expressed as such.

I agree that it's not a black and white issue...…...I don't think that I ever expressed it as such!

I guess I've moved on since the original posts and my latest post was prompted by HollowKnight's posts of today. I am now trying to understand the essential difference between end of life palliative care and euthanasia (hence the specific question in my previous post). That's where I'm coming from - it's as simple as that!

The painkillers/sedatives don't really have an effect on the person's passing or bring it on quicker. They just ease their pain.
My understanding is that the drugs that are given in the case of euthanasia are more similar to what might be administered in a lethal injection.

The painkillers/sedatives don't really have an effect on the person's passing or bring it on quicker. They just ease their pain.
My understanding is that the drugs that are given in the case of euthanasia are more similar to what might be administered in a lethal injection.
Yes opioids such as Morphine in the correct dose don't bring on a quicker death. Larger doses do.
Euthanasia is a different matter. I hope that the drugs are different from those given in a lethal injection as that is a cruel, slow, terrifying and traumatic death.

Back