Disneyland Paris

taxi, loads of them, cost about €70 from airport to hotel. Advantage of taxi, is driver will stop at shop/petrol station, where you can buy water and other food and drinks. reccomended to buy drinks in shop/duty free rather than in hotel/disney.

pint of beer = €6.90

Heya All,

Going over to DP next week + staying in the Holiday Inn. Gonna get the bus as per Info within here... Could anyone confirm IF there return fair is cheaper?? It says E16 for a single but no mention of a Return Offer.

2nd Query: Heard of a few people saying there was a Big Shopping Centre close to Marne La Valle... Does anyone know exactly where it is and If the G/f will have plenty of shops to search in???

Any help Appreciated..

G

Loads of shops in the shopping centre one stop (2 mins) away from Disney. There's a shopping centre and outside of that is the outlet village. About 1.80 on the train each way. AFAIK the return fare from CDG = 2 single fares so no advantage. And BTW a ticket does not guarantee you a seat on the bus - if its full when it gets to your hotel you have to wait for the next one so leave yourself plenty of time on the way home.

I'm currently thinking of the best way from CDG to disney.
I'm travellign AIR France and thought this brought me into terminal 2. Can anyone confirm waht terminal Air France land in from Dublin?

Just back after a short break & want to leave some observations.

The Disney shuttle would have been, for 2 aduts & 2 children, €58 each way, CDG to Holiday Inn. We chose to use a private service for €75 each way. This has 2 advantages - potentially less waiting at CDG for next available shuttle and, on return, we could spend more of Saturday at the park and not have to return to hotel for last Disney shuttle.

We arrived Wednesday and queue times were 15/30 minutes. On Saturday they were 45/90 minutes so avoid weekend if you can.

I thought we could be 'clever' and get Fastpass tickets for concurrent times, but the Disney ticketing system is wise to that.

Eating at the park, and at Disney Village, is very expensive for what you get. I had heard this before going but it's still a slap in the face when you see the cost of what you get. We ate in the Rainforest Cafe and I paid about €18 for a very average burger. And €3.80 for a glass of Coke.

In the Holiday Inn, The cost of a pint of draught Carlsberg was €7.00.

We had talked about spending the last day in Val d'Europe or even a day trip to central Paris but we would have missed out on some Park stuff, so IMHO you need at least 3 days to do justice to the Park & Studios.

Our kids are 6 & 4 and they loved it all and never got tired or cranky. The weather was cold, then wet but that didn't spoil it for them, or us.

That's great Tarfhead - thanks for the info.
We are going for 5 nights starting April 1st so currently finalising a strategy. Can you expain about the fastpasses. I was intending to do a run around of the FP rides immediately after entry but are you saying you can only hold one FP at a time ?
My 2 lads are 4 & 7 - similar ages to yours - any tips on that front ?
Great to hear no crankiness !!
I agree 100% about the cost - it seems very expensive and no matter how much you brace yourself, nobody likes getting done !
We will probably go to DLP on the Mon, Tues & Thurs with a day trip to Paris on Weds. We are staying in Val d'Europe so hope to squeeze in Sealife and a bit of shopping for the ladies.
The only thing out of our control is the weather so fingers crossed.

With regard to previous poster's query re CDG, we too are flying with AF and it is into terminal 2F.

Can you expain about the fastpasses. I was intending to do a run around of the FP rides immediately after entry but are you saying you can only hold one FP at a time ?

You can only hold one Fastpass for one Park ticket at a time. At 2pm we used all 4 of our Park tickets for Fastpass Buzz Lightyear tickets for 3 to 3:30. I then went to see if I could get a Fastpass for Space Mountain for me. Instead of getting a Fastpass, I got a ticket with a message that since I currently had a Fastpass ticket, I wouldn't be able to get another until, IIRC, the end time of the Buzz Lightyear ticket, i.e. 3:30. If I had known this I would have got 3 Fastpass tickets for Buzz and used the other Park ticket to get a Fastpass ticket for Space Mountain.
Hope that makes sense ?

My 2 lads are 4 & 7 - similar ages to yours - any tips on that front ?

Some rides have a height restriction so if your 4yo can't do it then 1 adult needs to stay back.

Also on Day 1 we watched the main parade. On Days 2 & 3 that time (4pm) was the best time to get on a popular ride as most other people were watching the parade, e.g. we did the Pirates of the Caribbean ride while the parade was on. When we finished, we were let go again as there was no-one waiting to get on.

We will probably go to DLP on the Mon, Tues & Thurs with a day trip to Paris on Weds. We are staying in Val d'Europe so hope to squeeze in Sealife and a bit of shopping for the ladies.

I would guess that Thursday in the Park will be busier than Wednesday so maybe use Thursday for your non-Disney excursion ?

"You can only hold one Fastpass for one Park ticket at a time. At 2pm we used all 4 of our Park tickets for Fastpass Buzz Lightyear tickets for 3 to 3:30. I then went to see if I could get a Fastpass for Space Mountain for me. Instead of getting a Fastpass, I got a ticket with a message that since I currently had a Fastpass ticket, I wouldn't be able to get another until, IIRC, the end time of the Buzz Lightyear ticket, i.e. 3:30. If I had known this I would have got 3 Fastpass tickets for Buzz and used the other Park ticket to get a Fastpass ticket for Space Mountain."

Not sure about this I was there last week. On the saturday I went around Big Thunder , Peter Pan, Buzz Lightyear and space mountain and got fast pass for each ride for later in the day using the same tickets. All times were close enough but my wallet was full with the passes for each ride for the family.

Not sure about this I was there last week. On the saturday I went around Big Thunder , Peter Pan, Buzz Lightyear and space mountain and got fast pass for each ride for later in the day using the same tickets. All times were close enough but my wallet was full with the passes for each ride for the family.

My experience is different. I saw others getting the same 'rejection' on the day (Saturday 24 March).

Agree regarding doing the parade on day one and getting it out of the way. I have checked out the height restrictions, cheers.

Thursday is our last day which we hope to use for just mopping up anything we missed previously and of course doing the favourites one last time. Point taken re being busier but we couldnt possibly do 3 days in a row at DLP and then go to the city on our last day ?? early flight back on Fri.

Just back from DLP and can really recommend the TGV from CDG to Marne la Vallee station. It took about 10 minutes and cost €54 return for 2 adults & 3 yr old. Stayed at the Holiday Inn so just hopped on the courtesy bus at the station, very handy.

just want to say one thing "dont abuse fastpass" it runs out of tickets when busy and i have seen people give away and dump fastpass tickets when queuing for shows, food etc.

Back