Dishwasher is not washing as well any more

I've only recently investigated some of the suggestions posted here, thanks all. Basically, I replaced all the worn glassware and carried out a thorough inspection and cleaning of the machine itself; I also increased the dosage of rinse agent to see if matters improved. There was a minor improvement but still performance is nothing like it was when the machine was new. I couldn't find any other filters or access any other parts of the machine for cleaning. The only thing that did seem amiss was the actual plastic cleaning arm for the top tray- the plastic "bearing" or retaining clip is quite worn and I suspect that the arm may not be moving as freely as it should (it's quite lopsided when stationary). I might see if I can get this part replaced. Thanks again for all the suggestions.

Big gap since last entry - hope this is ok here.
problem with Bosch Dishwasher SMS22L69GB. Stops after Prerinse on any prog setting.
I would like to remove Top and Sides. Only 1 relevabt visible screw anywhere. A simple one in the bottom of front edge of side panel. Nothing obvious at all on the Top. Strong plastic lugs visible so I am hesitant to start to pry off as I suspect they will break. I have searched deeply on Web and found all sorts of diff machines with diff systems to take off panels. ANY IDEAS.

has the heater stopped working? I'm not sure if this would stop the cycle or do the dishes cold, try opening the door mid cycle and see if it's hot

1. I am not sure that dishwashers were ever meant to clean every bit of potato, carrot, rice, sauce, dried-in-meat, stale curry plates, mustard stains, etc from every plate, saucer, cup, fork, knife, spoon etc.
2. If there's one thing that's policed in the Leper household, it's the electric dishwasher (and me being the human version). Mrs Lep (traditional Cork lady who previously advised her maternity consultant on how time in labour should be executed properly) demands that each piece of crockery (bought in Roches Stores and The Munster Arcade, of course) should first be rinsed and if necessary brushed under a flowing tap before being placed in the dish-washer in order of size etc (Philips Dishwasher from Phil O'Sullivan's, natch!).
3. Her results are terrific, no grime, no residue, less salt use, less whatever and cleaner dishes and cutlery (Newbridge you know!).

Having tried a variety of dishwasher tables I came to the conclusion that Finish were the best.
However, about six months ago I‘d left my wallet at home and resorted to SuperValu brand dishwasher tablets. They cost < €2 for a box. They do as good a job as Finish and at that price they are unbeatable.

I had a problem with an old Bosch dishwasher once. It wouldn't start. It turned out to be a very small bit of china from a chipped plate that was preventing some internal part from turning. It was a 2 minute job. I can't remember if the pre-rinse was draining out or not. Or maybe it was the 1st step, i.e. the draining, that was not happening at all.

Back