Did someone say that children are not likely to get Covid 19.

If the C19 antibodies don’t provide immunity, or there is no amount of C19 antibodies that will, no C19 vaccine will work. Simple as.

In lay man’s terms, a vaccine that works generates sufficient antibodies without the individual ever getting sick. Those antibodies in sufficient quantities go on to give the person immunity.

However, some have suggested any amount of C19 antibodies won’t give immunity. If this is the case, the C19 vaccine will not work.

I’d a rough morning home-schooling my 5 yo daughter and my 7 yo son.

Thankfully your education is not my responsibility. I soldiered on with them but with you I give up.

I’m getting an insight into those that claim “the flu jab gives you the flu”!

Last edited:
Thankfully your education is not my responsibility. I soldiered on with them but with you I give up.

Wow, thanks for trying.

If the C19 antibodies don’t provide immunity, no C19 vaccine will work. Simple as.

Right, to try return the favour, you need to understand it's not as simple as 'I have antibodies, therefore I am immune.' The level of antibodies present and the immune response triggered versus the level of infection present is where it's at.

Just because you have antibodies does not mean you are automatically immune for life. Some vaccines give close to life long protection, many don't and require boosters. It's recommended for example that the Tdap vaccine is administered during every pregnancy as the effects are short lived.

A friend of mine tested positive for C19 back in April. He’s genuinely stumped as to where he got it. Said he’d zero contact with anyone bar his family, none of whom “were sick”.
He said he went for a run one day and swung by the shop in the way home to pickup milk, and reckons he contracted it there.
I reckoned he got it from one of his kids, aged 8 and 11, I think.
Anyway, he’s made an appointment with his doctor for the entire family to get antibody tests. He’s determined to either rule them in or out. But chances are, if he did get it from them, and they were asymptomatic, they won’t have the antibodies anyway.

...and they were asymptomatic, they won’t have the antibodies anyway.

They will at some level, antibodies are not the product of symptoms. One of the drivers behind calls for more antibody testing is to determine how many asymptomatic carriers there were in the population.

You’re wrong, apparently, based on testing...
Another friend of mine lives in Parma.
Here’s a text, he sent a few days back:

Parma hospital staff who tested positive for covid but were a symptomatic or had light symptoms all subsequently tested negative for antibodies.

It’ll probably said by some, that those asymptomatic people from
Parma who had tested positive for C19 and are now testing negative for C19 antibodies DO, in fact, HAVE antibodies. Just NOT ENOUGH to return a positive test.
‘Tis a disgrace, Joe, A DIZ GRACE

It’ll probably said by some, that those asymptomatic people from
Parma who had tested positive for C19 and are now testing negative for C19 antibodies DO, in fact, HAVE antibodies. Just NOT ENOUGH to return a positive test.

Now you're getting it. Do you know which test kit they used there? Lots of the early ones weren't very sensitive, so lots of false negatives as they weren't able to detect lower levels.

The body always creates antibodies in response to infections as part of its natural defence.

I haven’t gotten it yet, but my wife has put me on the list should the clinical trials be opened to close contacts of C19 positive cases.

If you/anyone needs/wants to brush up on infections/antibodies/immunity, good podcast here. Marie Culliton won’t see you wrong:

Children and young adults between the ages of 10 and 19 can transmit the coronavirus in a household just as much as older people, according to new research in South Korea.
Researchers from the South Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention who studied reports of 59,073 contacts of 5,706 COVID-19 patients also found that kids 9 and younger transmitted the virus in their households at rates that were much lower, CNN reported.
The study found that the highest COVID-19 rate at 18.6 percent for household contacts of school-age children and the lowest rates at 5.3 percent for kids younger than 9 was the middle of school closures.

Back