Devil takes up residence in the Vatican

The very 1st person/ape/spider etc, where did everything start? I don't believe that wikipedia has the answer to this question.

Fair point.. But if creationism is where things started (God created man/woman/animals etc..) then who created God? Did he create himself or was there a big bang in the cosmos billions of light years ago which created God?

I don't buy the whole "God should be worshipped and adored" ethos of the Catholic Church. If someone or something wants me to adore and worship it then they better do something to prove there power to me.
There is too much smoke and mirrors in the Catholic Church for my liking.

I'm not putting forward the idea that 9 God or Gods are the reason behind our being, I'm just saying that until something is confirmed, little can be ruled out. If someone said aliens were our creators I wouldn't knock it to touch either becuase we simply have so little in terms of answers and more importantly the capacity to answer such questions.

IF God exists, the consequences of going through life denying his existance are probably severe.
If he doesn't exist, living your life while believing that a higher power exists and we all have to answer to him does not sound like the end of the world.
So on the basis of covering my ass, I declare that God exists!

Ok, that is a fair enough answer. On that basis no one has proven to me that God (or Gods) exists so I am not going to going to defer to the Catholic Church (or the Pope) as Gods representative on earth.

Groucho Marx was seen at mass once and when asked why he was there he said that he’d hate to be kept out of heaven on a technicality.

It could also be said that christianity has been borne out of a woman lying about how she got pregnant and everything just got out of hand, who knows at least its the weekend.

Which one? Believing in the wrong one can be worse than not believing at all.

god stuff

I remember driving through Ohio and seeing a huge billboard with the words
HELL IS REAL
I found myself wishing that someone would put up a billboard 2 miles further down saying OH NO IT ISN'T

daithi

Conventional Science is based on a compromise of the majority of scientists/people believes and their interpretation of any evidence.

There will always be people who do not accept the majority and that are why we have a sort of a democracy where everyone is allowed to believe in his or her own interpretation, but the majority’s version is spread in schools/followed.

That is the same for talking about evolution, manmade global warming or life on other planets.

I personally think humans evolved with the help of humans from the Twelve Colonies who came to this version of earth and I don’t care which of the Lords of Kobol created this version of earth. I’m thankful they did.

I remember driving through Ohio and seeing a huge billboard with the words
HELL IS REAL
I found myself wishing that someone would put up a billboard 2 miles further down saying OH NO IT ISN'T

daithi

Pah, that's nothing, best sign is going through Kilkenny. Under a STOP sign, some cad had written "Hammer Time!"

I personally think humans evolved with the help of humans from the Twelve Colonies who came to this version of earth and I don’t care which of the Lords of Kobol created this version of earth. I’m thankful they did.

And just how do Toasters fit into this theory?