Devil takes up residence in the Vatican

C

Capt. Beaky

The Pope's head exorcist has revealed that the Devil himself is culpable regarding the sexual/physical abuses within the Vatican's hallowed walls. (Today's METRO) Seemingly he has exorcised over 30k people in 25 years. He mentions that Cardinals and Bishops could have been got at by Old Nick. I just wonder if any of these Cardinals would have voted for a like minded Pope? Stalin, Hitler and poor Harry Potter come under the cosh of this diddery old antediluvian toad. Perhaps the Demiurgus is alive and well and living in Exorcists?

Priests should be allowed to get married.
As long as they can't, the priesthood will both attract paedophiles and also create them.

As long as they can't, the priesthood will both attract paedophiles and also create them.

So there are no married paedophiles????? What do you think paedophilia is?

In repect to paedophilia, how does that explain various coaches and other non clergy married men who have been convicted.

However in relation to the OP's post, I read the article this morning and my first thoughts were - this is an easy way for the vatican to avoid taking any responcibility for these actions. Just blame someone/something else...

The Devil made me do it.

Not really any different a defence to "I heard voices in my head telling me to do terrible things" except the Devil story will probably be considered culturrally acceptable in context with the Church and the belief system in imaginary beings whereas someone talking about voices in the head would be taken away for psychriatric assessment.

A made-up job if ever I heard it.

You'd think they would work out a few numbers first before releasing stupid figures to the press. Idiots.

The Catholic Church organisation is a complete disgrace and their hierarchy are being exposed for the power hungry frauds that they are with each passing month.

so if i stick a knife in somebody's back on the street and blame it on the devil, it's ok?
and if i get drunk and do something stupid next Wednesday, do I blame St. Paddy or the snakes?
i just love it when people try to shift responsibility on someone/something else ... it wasn't me, Sam made me do it

It's one thing to blame it on something/someone else, but nobody says it's ok. Perhaps the man was using the Devil as a metaphor?

It's one thing to blame it on something/someone else, but nobody says it's ok. Perhaps the man was using the Devil as a metaphor?

Exactly.

The devil = evil.

He is saying the actions involved were evil, the same as people say about Hitler. It's not an excuse.

After he went down to Georgia he went across to Europe (using the Hadean tunnel), took the Spanish Train from Guadalqivir to Old Seville before hiding under a seminarians cassock, slipping over the borders of France and Italy and shimmying into the Vatican. Almost as interesting as the original hocus pocus story. But seriously, do many AAMers believe in the Devil and the conflict between Good and Evil?

this guy is head exorcist - these people actually believe in demons and devil and obsession and do exorcisms for living - he was definitely taking it literally

I'm reminded of the "awful" joke about the Irish exorcist.

Must... resist... gnnnnnnnnnnnnrrrrrrrrrr.....

The Catholic Church organisation is a complete disgrace and their hierarchy are being exposed for the power hungry frauds that they are with each passing month.
+1

Interesting revelations on this morning's Morning Ireland about ol' Ratfinger's previous form as bishop of Munich.

I'm reminded of the "awful" joke about the Irish exorcist.

Must... resist... gnnnnnnnnnnnnrrrrrrrrrr.....

+1

Interesting revelations on this morning's Morning Ireland about ol' Ratfinger's previous form as bishop of Munich.

Missed that... What was the general gist?