Designer handbags

woods said:
I do not need a name on a bag to give me confidance and when I see someone with an bag or a pair of shoes that cost a weeks wages I immediatly do not think "what a confident person" I think "why does she feel so bad about herself that she needs to attach this label to herself to make her feel good".
If it worked the other way why do we all not just sew a load of €50 notes to our clothes so that everyone knows we have money.
Feeling good should come from what you are and what you feel and not from how much you pay for things.

Well said, I totally agree with you

i've notice a curious situation with some of the younger people I work with re designer handbags.... (i'm in mid 30s, I remember the 80's and splurging on bags doesn't do it for me...)

They'll happily pay Eu200-500 in BT for a big brand, LV / Gucci / Dior, but then also buy the cheap immitations... Why? If I was going to spend that amount of money I'd want something that instantly stood out as being worth the money, not something that looks like every immitation on the street....
I'd prefer a less branded bag that screamed class / money, than one that is hanging off the arm of every wan on the street!

Back