Designer handbags

clipper1981

I am interested in purchasing a designer handbag as a present. Can anyone recommend somewhere in Dublin/Kildare that offers good value and selection? Thank You.

Do you know anyone going to the US that could bring one back. You would save a lot that way

Sales on in all major stores in Dundrum S C presently, Harvey Nichols, House of Frazer etc.. up to 50% off.
PS know nothing out handbags, except when used as missiles:(

My mum bought a Ted Baker handbag in House of Fraiser sale this morning, she got it for €35 reduced from €150! Hmm, might nip over after work myself for a look.

You could also try TK Max, and there is a few reputable ebay sellers out there selling designer handbags.

Clery's is somewhere that is often overlooked. I bought myself a handbag "Billy Bag" for €200 in Clery's and the same bag was €287 in House of Fraser.

They had quite a good selection of leather handbags anything from about €40 upwards.

Has the country gon nuts or is this the "celtic tiger" that I have been hearing about.
Why would you pay that much for a bag when after having a few pints you would forget where you left it (I would anyway).

I would get years out of that for €200, so its not that much really. People pay a lot more than that!!
Men just dont understand!Humph!!

Some of us women don't understand either. I got my last handbag in Oxfam for 5 euro two years ago and it's still going strong. I consider it's a designer handbag because someone, somewhere, designed it!

Good value and designer handbags are words that just don't go or belong together. I bought my girlfriend a small, black Louis Vuitton handbag in Brown Thomas for christmas and it cost €525.

I would never forget about any of my bags, I'm shocked anyone would ;)
Nah seriously, a designer bag is an investment, as are designer shoes, they instantly make you feel dressed up and more confident. I've never paid anything like dats_right did for his girlfriend, but I may add one to my SSIA wish list :)

Louis Vuitton bags are incredibly ugly and crass. Ditto Chanel. People are gullible fools buying this tat.

Mr HP and I were watching a fashion programme on tv once when they showed a bag for 800 euro ... Mr HP asked whether there was 750 in cash inside?

europhile said:
Louis Vuitton bags are incredibly ugly and crass. Ditto Chanel. People are gullible fools buying this tat.

Not mad on LV, but give me Fendi any day

roxy said:
Nah seriously, a designer bag is an investment, as are designer shoes, they instantly make you feel dressed up and more confident.
Most men and women with their heads screwed on and a basic grasp of money matters would disagree.

This is Shooting The Breeze territory at this stage so I have moved it.

Myself and the missus were in Rome a few years ago and saw bags for sale-the asking price on some of them was in the region of 4000-6000 euro! 200 doesn't sound so bad in comparison!

daithi

roxy said:
I would never forget about any of my bags, I'm shocked anyone would ;)
Nah seriously, a designer bag is an investment, as are designer shoes, they instantly make you feel dressed up and more confident. I've never paid anything like dats_right did for his girlfriend, but I may add one to my SSIA wish list :)
I do not need a name on a bag to give me confidance and when I see someone with an bag or a pair of shoes that cost a weeks wages I immediatly do not think "what a confident person" I think "why does she feel so bad about herself that she needs to attach this label to herself to make her feel good".
If it worked the other way why do we all not just sew a load of €50 notes to our clothes so that everyone knows we have money.
Feeling good should come from what you are and what you feel and not from how much you pay for things.

Back