Deep Retrofit Pilot programme grant.

noproblem

I see the SEAI have suddenly come out and announced today they are discontinuing this scheme. 2 of my own family in Dublin were waiting to hear back from them to see if they've been approved. Their builder does the application, etc, and applies with other applications he has for this and today, out of nowhere the SEAI says it's to be no more, even for those whose applications have been applied for months ago. Their builder who is very experienced in this scheme was talking to the SEAI last week wondering when his latest batch of applications might be dealt with and not a murmur about stopping it. Very very unfair and one would wonder are the goverment interest in the enviornment at all.

By 2030 all houses will need to be up to this standard... promises Leo in climate emergency.
In 2019 the program is shut do a month later.
Words v actions. The disconnect between the two with this gov is the greatest I can remember.

It was always flagged as a limited pilot, and its demise has been rumoured for a few months now, huge surge in applications this year and not enough funding allocated. It'll likely be 2021 before a replacement scheme comes online. Talks of income tax breaks on retro-fit costs for houses rated B3 or below, but unlikely to be as generous as this scheme.

Wonderful news today in that the Goverment have seen the error of their ways and have now decided they will include those who have already applied for this grant to have their applications processed.

Reactions: Leo
Good news for those in the pipeline. It'll be very interesting to see how the next scheme is framed and how they expect to reach the target of 500,000 retrofits by 2030.

Back