Davy Online Account..

makko

Hi,
I am thinking of opening a davys online account. My question is have many other people opened online a/c's with davys and what is your experience with them? Good/Bad??

Thanks..

I have been using them for approx 4 months, having opened just the basic on line trading a/c.
The fees do not seem too bad, for an irish broker, as after you make 20 trades they have a frequent trader rate.
They seem very efficient, and do not bombard you with bumpf.
Apart from an initial customer survey i did not hear from them.
Their daily and monthly market reports seem reasonably balanced, and i used some of their recommendations to good effect, even with the present turmoil.

check them vs Goodbody Online (standing charges lower)
C

I have been using Davy on Line for about 3 months now, and find them very good.
Davy say they don't charge a foreign exchange fee, while others do.
To buy Sterling today from Nat. Irish Bank the rate is 0.6666 and to sell Sterling today to Nat. Irish, the rate is 0.6903. That makes any British or US shares real expensive.
Fexeco also have a foreign exchange fee.
I have no experience of any others.

I have been using Davys online account for about a month. It's one of the best websites I've ever used. Very user-friendly and excellent commission rates.

Did a nice bit of research into this whole area not so long ago and ended up opening a goodbody account. Am happy with it so far. I found it would prob be the cheapest way for me to trade. I would not be reaching 20 trades and there is a min commission which i would just about be hitting anyway with each purchase. They charge 40 per year for account maintenence seems pretty good to me. otherwise min commission is about 30 euro.

Back