Dark wooden floors.

It looks like a trip to Dublin for me the weekend. Which store did you see it in?
I put solid american walnut in my sitting room and hall in november and i have to say its gorgeous! I got the wood from the furniture shop in feltrim business park in swords..for 40sqm it cost just under €2k which was fantastic value as in can go double or treble that price in other shops. A friend fitted it for just under €800. The only problem with it is you can see every bit of dust, hair etc in daylight..im constantly hoovering it!

Bermese walnut?

Never made it as far as Dublin because I seen a lovely walnut floor in a local shop. It's an Asian walnut, Burmese walnut. Has anyone heard of it? I took a sample home and a few other types of dark looking floors and the Burmese seems like the strongest by far.

Would love to know if anyone heard of it or better still has it in their homes?

Thanks again for your advice so far.

Meant to say it's 2680 on the hanka table so I'm guessing that's good?

Have a look to balterio website for laminates. They are very good looking
[broken link removed]

Hi TillyD

2680 means that it is very high on the scale i.e. very good for flooring. Never heard of. What was said about seeing everything on a dark floor is bang on though. Thats why I would use it only in rooms that are not used everyday like dining room study etc. How much was the wood per sq yd and where did ya get it.

Back