Danish Bank issuing 20 year mortgages at 0%

Spanish friend of mine who laughed at my 2.6 percent mortgage just sent me that this morning, you beat me to posting it! Unbelievable that is. Hard to believe some people in Ireland are still paying over 4 percent. I don't think we'll ever see anything like the above here though.

Danish banks levy charges separately to the interest rate.

So these loans seem to cost ~1%+ in reality, i.e. these negative rate Danish loans are probably still more expensive than the cheapest Irish tracker mortgages.

"[Translated by google]Yes, you read right. You can now get a fixed-rate mortgage with a maturity of up to 10 years, where the nominal interest rate is negative. However, you are not exactly going to make money borrowing. Namely, there must also be paid, among other things, establishment fees and contributions, and there will be a loss of prices."

Danish banks levy charges separately to the interest rate.

So these loans seem to cost ~1%+ in reality, i.e. these negative rate Danish loans are probably still more expensive than the cheapest Irish tracker mortgages.

"[Translated by google]Yes, you read right. You can now get a fixed-rate mortgage with a maturity of up to 10 years, where the nominal interest rate is negative. However, you are not exactly going to make money borrowing. Namely, there must also be paid, among other things, establishment fees and contributions, and there will be a loss of prices."
Good point which the Chris Johns article also makes.

Back