Currently renting in Wilton, Cork FTB: Ballincollig,Rochestown,Carrigaline, Douglas?

very good point....at the moment im veering towards douglas/rochestown but still not ruling out BCollig or CLine - I just think that theres better value to be had in these areas

sorry, what I mean is that I think you would get a better property for the price in Ballincollig/Carrigaline!

It all depends on your need, if your planning on staying there for a long time having kids etc, you'll need to look at all of that too, schools etc, but at the moment your comute is the main reason and for this reason I would stay close to your work or where family and friends are..

OK so I spotted a lovely place in Herons Wood in Carrigaline...its close to the entrance of the estate (if that makes a difference) I would start work at 815am so was thinking that leaving at around 750am would suffice - what are people thoughts?

OK so I spotted a lovely place in Herons Wood in Carrigaline...its close to the entrance of the estate (if that makes a difference) I would start work at 815am so was thinking that leaving at around 750am would suffice - what are people thoughts?

I'm living in Heron's Wood for 2 years and love it.. You are going to have traffic no matter where you live and leaving at 7.50 you should avoid all traffic..Best of luck where ever you choose!

Ballincollig 4 bed detached were about 450 in the boom, the smallish ones, not the double fronted ones.

Firstly I have no connection with any of these houses but there are a lot of houses in Eagle valley for sale for this amount plus have a look at these

[broken link removed]
I looked at this house lovely and at €335k asking might well go for €280ish

http://www.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?search=1&s[cc_id]=ct3&s[a_id][0]=3668&s[address]=&s[txt]=&s[mnb]=&s[mxb]=&s[mnp]=&s[mxp]=&s[pt_id]=&s[house_type]=&s[sqmn]=&s[sqmx]=&s[mna]=&s[mxa]=&s[npt_id]=&s[days_old]=&s[new]=&s[agreed]=&s[search_type]=sale&s[transport]=&s[advanced]=&s[price_per_room]=&s[furn]=&s[refreshmap]=1&offset=0&limit=10&id=513467

€299k but this has been for sale for MONTHS
go to [broken link removed] and you can see all the price drops in the areas your interested in if one person is in College road and one in Ballincollig Btown aint a bad compromise

Pros if you have kids easy to drop off
Most creches finish around 6/7pm max so no noisy late night neighbours.
Cons: Depending on the road layout, you could have chaos every morning as kids are dropped to the creche,
If you have days off during the working week and depending on how close you are to the creche be prepared to be woken by Ten green bottles sung ad nauseum :D

Ha ha! Good points! I've no kids and work all week so shouldn't be a problem. Only thing is ppl dropping and collecting their kids could cause a bottleneck

For anyone wondering, I did a "test run" this morning from Herons Woods in CLine. I left the estate at 7.50am and arrived at work in Ballincollig for work at 8.19am. The worst part was coming up and down Carrs hill - once onto the link road it was grand. Was at Sarsfield Rd roundabout after 20 mins

Back