Current public sentiment towards the housing market?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are ABC number of houses for sale in Dublin XY!!! I dont know how many were for sale at this month in previous years and how long each is on market but I just had to post.
Bit of a slow week for property market news otherwise.

ECB has a green light to hike as they see fit..

EU ministers shrug off ECB fears as economy grows.

Concern over rising euro zone interest rates took a back seat as finance ministers from the 25 European Union countries met on Tuesday buoyed by an economic upsurge that is rapidly replenishing public coffers.
There was little sign of the concern several ministers used to express regularly just a few months ago about the risk of ECB rate rises thwarting a recovery in growth in the euro zone as the central bank worries more about inflation.

"I don't think anybody has bad dreams about that," Dutch Finance Minister Gerrit Zalm said.

Oh yeah Gerrit ? Might be a few in Ireland !

There are ABC number of houses for sale in Dublin XY!!! I dont know how many were for sale at this month in previous years and how long each is on market but I just had to post.
Bit of a slow week for property market news otherwise.

Actually Daft has just breached the 20,000 mark,that's 6000 extra properties in 12 weeks,remember this :

http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=35102

Have you anything constructive to say sherryTrifle ?

Actually Daft has just breached the 20,000 mark,that's 6000 extra properties in 12 weeks,remember this :

http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=35102

Have you anything constructive to say sherryTrifle ?

my records show 12,529 properties for sale on Daft on the 14th July if that is of any interest? today its 19,168 by my records.

(Note there is a bug on the daft web site that gives two different numbers depending on how you search!)

my records show 12,529 properties for sale on Daft on the 14th July if that is of any interest? today its 19,168 by my records.

(Note there is a bug on the daft web site that gives two different numbers depending on how you search!)

Well actually that's just the houses,with apartments and sites it's closer to 25,000 Daft search

Rather than the specific figures,what i am really getting at is the fact that inventory is still flooding on to the market,while existing inventory is going nowhere and this is only the secondhand market !.

Well actually that's just the houses,with apartments and sites it's closer to 25,000 Daft search

yep, thats the bug right there (Try clicking the "20026 Houses For Sale" and see how many results you get ;) ), if you do a search fo all areas and all types you get around 19,000

http://www.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?s[cc_id]=&search=1

It doens't really matter how you do it, you can definitly see stock growing!

I'm glad I start tracking these back in June, the stats on supply are going to be very interesting over the next few quarters!

this thread is like a police state. nobody is allowed speak against the bearish Gestapo.

What was it you wanted to say again? Please, feel free to say what ever it was that is bugging you. You know you've lost the argument when you start dragging up the Gestapo, Hitler, etc.

this thread is like a police state. nobody is allowed speak against the bearish Gestapo.

Going back to your original post... exactly what did it contribute to the debate?

This is what convinces me more and more that the bears are right, because I've yet to read of one decent argument from any bullish source that stands up to scrutiny. The majority are sound-bites that appeal to the masses, coupled with ridicule of the alternative point of view.

If you must speak up against the bears, I'd suggest you make an attempt to construct a valid argument rather than resorting to mimicking.

If you must speak up against the bears, I'd suggest you make an attempt to construct a valid argument rather than resorting to mimicking.[/quote]

Agree completly , the bottom line is the bulls do not have an argument (although it is fascinating listening to economist s from Sherry Fitz etc and their logical arguments!)

Do not know if this has been brought up before , but did any one here the ad for AIB mortgages on newstalk the last few mornings , 2K cash for taking a mortgage out with them !! GUBU

Just call an estate agent and ask "how's business?".
I mentioned two particular areas that had 7-8 properties for sale all within eyeshot. I notice that there are now only 2-3 properties for sale in both areas. It's only anecdotal, but for all the properties up for sale a good deal of them are shifting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back