Croatia - Croatia Tours

:) The consequences of having a mind that thinks at 100mph and fingers that only go at 50! :D

When we were returning to Dublin flying from Dubrovnik, an earlier flight (with Air Dubrovnik) had to make an emergency landing straight after take off due to an engine failure. Then we had some strong turbulance when we did leave.

Don't think I'll be flying there again anytime soon, at least not with the better half!

Will have to be Split!

Hi All

Flying with the girlfriend to Durovnik on the 2nd of September for for a 12 day break, we plan on staying 2 nights in Dubronik and after that have no set plans. I notice that a few posters have spent a few days in a couple of different places. I was wondering what the situation is with accomadation when you do something like that - is it best to put together an itinerary and book in advance? or is decent accomadation easy to get once you are over there? Just wondering because I like the idea of having the freedom to stay extra days in one place or cut short trips to other places without losing deposits etc etc especially as judging from previous posts there are so many nice places to see, but if its going to be tough to get accomation in certain places it might be better to book in advance.

Outside high season there should be no problems just showing up and getting accomodation. Around bus stations and ferry ports, you will be mobbed by old ladies calling out "rooms! zimmer! camerare!" and showing pictures of their places. Tourist offices have plenty of places on their lists.

This is a great way to see the country and meet people. It also means your money is going into the hands of locals rather than tour operators.

autumnleaf said:
Outside high season there should be no problems just showing up and getting accomodation. Around bus stations and ferry ports, you will be mobbed by old ladies calling out "rooms! zimmer! camerare!" and showing pictures of their places. Tourist offices have plenty of places on their lists.

This is a great way to see the country and meet people. It also means your money is going into the hands of locals rather than tour operators.

Yes, I think you'll see a big difference between the first week of your stay and the second week as regards tourist numbers, especially outside of Dubrovnik on the coastal road.

If I was you I'd book your first two or three nights in Dubrovnik/Cavtat area and then hit the road and take it from there on an adhoc basis.

Back