Credit Rating

S

skaj

I know that Credit Unions do not show up on a ICB credit check, what about credit cards?
Is it only an loans you have taken out with institutions wthat will be recorded?

?

I know that Credit Unions do not show up on a ICB credit check,

(Wrong)

what about credit cards?

(Yes)

Is it only an loans you have taken out with institutions wthat will be recorded?

(What did you think would NOT be recorded , Drugs Money ? )

?

Just to be pedantic/accurate the ICB do not provide credit ratings at all - they merely record credit HISTORY records for access by the participating institutions who draw their own conclusions about credit ratings/worthiness from the data stored.

Credit Unions used not provide the ICB with information but I think that changed in recent months/years...?

credit cards

My understanding is that outstanding balances on credit cards do not show up on ICB.

This is not a definite answer but based on never having seen one appearing on an ICB check after four years working in banking

If your credit card was cancelled or you regularly failed to pay the minimum amount this would be a different matter, but the balance itself does not show provided you have adhered to your contract.

Back