Health Insurance COVID 19 VHI refund issue

Stitcher

Hi, Any advice on how I might proceed with this?
I was with VHI up to end of June and moved to Laya from 1st July. VHI are refunding for loss of service due to COVID in April, May and June by reducing premiums by a certain amount for the three month period 15th May to 15th August. Consequently, I am losing out on half the refund, as I am no longer with them since 1st July. I complained about this and said they should refund me the sum on the premiums I would have paid if I was still with them, as the reduced service was suffered in April May & June. They refused. Laya have refunded on the actual months of April May and June. It seems they have done it differently. It is not that much, about 80 Euro, but I feel it should be refunded as I think all the services are back up again since beginning of July. I asked if premiums for new customers would be discounted up to August 15th but got no reply.
Thanks

Last edited:
I am in the exact same position, switched from VHI to Laya on July 1st, I also asked could they issue a refund to me but they said they could not. I had received a reduction on my June payment and had I remained with them I would have had a reduction on my July and August payment.

Just asking again, about VHI saying No to a full refund if you leave them but were a customer in April, May and June. They offer a discount on premiums for three months from 15 May to 15 Aug. This discount applies to new customers also so effectively they are giving what should be my refund to someone else. Although the sum is small, about 80€, it's the principal. Going to ombudsman seems over the top! Any other route?

Back