County Cavan/Leitrim

Hi Caveat,

Thank you so much for your report on Carrick! It was really nice of you to post so much information on the town. I have learnt a lot and it really does sound like a very nice spot. I think we have decided on Leitrim County and will try and rent within maybe a 5 mile radius of Carrick as it really sounds like it has everything we like - sceneary, low crime, places to hike, bike, arts etc. We will have to rent a house due to having 2 large dogs but appears to be quite a few houses for rent on Daft. Will also look into East Roscommon as you and some others have said.

Thank you to everyone for your posts, you have been a great help.

Last edited:

I think you may have confused Cavan with Lough Erne! There are 365 islands in Lough Erne, which straddles Cavan and Fermanagh etc. But Cavan would be an excellent location for a family. Good supply of cheap houses and among others Sean Quinn is still providing plenty of jobs.

hi Colorado, have a look at north Leitrim also, Dromahair is very pretty also and very close to Sligo for work, sea, lots of archaeological sites plus the facilities of a bigger sized town. Manorhamilton and Kiltyclogher also might be worth a mention.