Costs for Employer Liability insurance

J

JavMasterJ

Hello All,

I was wondering if anybody had information on what kind of price range I should be expecting to pay to some Employer Liability insurance. We have a small it consultancy with 1 director and 1 employee.

As I understand it the Employeer's Liability insurance covers the company in the case where an employee would need to make a claim against the company when they got injured during work.

In my case though I am not responsible for the building since we are working on a client's site - so would their insurance cover this?

A few questions:
(1) The first question I seem to be getting asked is what is the turnover for the company. How does that correlate to the Employer's Liability insurance.

(2) Am I looking for cover for two people (myself as director) and my employee?

(3) Any ballpark figures from other people who have setup this type of policy before?

Many thanks,

JavMasterJ.

Hi Contemporary,

Thanks for that - I was thinking/hoping it would be around that (or less!).

Would you mind letting me know which company that is with. Did you deal direct with the company or through a broker?

JavMasterJ

JavMAsterJ

Contact Shay McCann in Powerlynch and Associates. I have used him in the past and found him quite helpful.

C

JavMasterJ said:
Hi Contemporary,

Thanks for that - I was thinking/hoping it would be around that (or less!).

Would you mind letting me know which company that is with. Did you deal direct with the company or through a broker?

JavMasterJ

I went through abroker, can think off hand who the insurers are

For small businesses, insurance companies tend to do a combined policy which covers theft, damage to offices, employers liability and public liability. Probably doesn't cover Professional Indemnity which would be your greatest risk.

It would be very expensive to get an employers liability policy on its own.

Brendan

Back