Cost of Solicitor When Switching Mortgage

smree

Hi

Does anyone have a rough idea of what a solicitgor will charge if you are switching your mortgage?

Thanks

should be no more than €400+VAT+Outlays (stamp duties and stuff)

they have done all the searches and stuff.

Why pay when the EBS, Ulster Bank and IIB offer fees free remortgages? NIB and BoS will also pay towards the costs.

Sarah

www.rea.ie

Sarah I'm switching to BOSI and just wanted to check if it's likely to go above 1000 that they put towards costs.

You can use Quickswitch from First American - they charge an all inclusive flat fee of €999. I'm sure if you asked your solicitor they would match this - make sure that you mention their fee includes everything - VAT, outlays etc.

On a €300k mortgage I would gconsider that €999 package to save hassle .

If its a €100k mortgage its too high but use it as a basis for haggling. A €100k mortgage should be around €700-€750 including redeeming old mortgage and stamping the new one and the rest of it .

Thanks guys

Can't use Quickswitch from First American as it's an apartment and leasehold. BOSI told me that First American cannot handle this type of property.

We did this recently when we took a fixed rate with the National Irish Bank. They paid us €1000 towards legal costs which came to about €1200 in total (solicitor charged us €750 plus vat). Don't forget that if your mortgage is over €254,000 then you have to pay stamp duty of 0.1% (i think that is the correct % figure).

Back